Man Cave Reno

phade

36 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Im gonna miss that basement hangout scenery in all the talks! dang... 

I'll probably move the computer up here but I am really going to try to move away from screenshare and more toward an actual show style format once this is done. 

Edited by phade

• 3 weeks later...

Progress. Outlets put in. Project grew a bit. Ended up insulating the walls and laying over some pegboard on garage side. Plus two new front lights and security cams.

Starting to come together.

A901BAED-563F-4582-8425-D604D5C562B1.jpeg

3554C6E5-CB04-4EEF-9600-B3D1053459B5.jpeg

• Like 4

If you’ve done a renno you’ve been at this moment. Peak disaster and starting to come together all in one image. The LEDs are independently app controlled and can color change, move to music, etc. my guess is it’ll be on one accent color for its entire life lol.

ED416BA2-B6FD-4C71-AAAC-807FF0E35878.jpeg

89976CD8-793C-4DA4-98DE-5740B7E1D7AF.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 9

Of course the couch we ordered - which had a lead time of 18-20 weeks (so September delivery) shows up in early July. Great. Not that I’m complaining but I had planned on having time to finish the walls. Now we will need to work around it to do finish work and install the mini split and TV/sound system.

It is comfy though lol. Reclines, has adjustable lumbar support. Lights, charging ports and a couple outlets. Last time I bought a couch, couches were just a couch ha. This thing has modern tech in it.

DC5743F4-09B1-462A-9942-1D09FE504A91.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

Mini split is up. A bit annoyed but the plastic/rubber edge on the lower right corner is stretched/loose. Looks much more noticeable in person.

Any ideas to cover up that sin? Manufacturer says replacement parts are 6-12 months out…COVID. Yeah, OK. Bought the unit 35-40 days ago, and they only warranty out of box cosmetic defects for 30 days. I should have opened and inspected earlier, lesson learned. In any case I’m probably going to have to solve it myself. Might do a border around the unit after the wall goes on (unit comes off a TV style wall mount behind it).

Short of that we have barnwood going up today.

6DB8091B-E271-4C25-AFCD-860D67216C74.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Save strips of the barn wood for a border???

Looking great so far!

That is kind of what we're thinking. Not ideal, but it looks really bad and stands out in person, almost as if the rubber/plastic got stretched. Might have to be the decision!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What are the dimensions of this room? and how many heads are you putting in? I'm curious because i'm looking at a house with a similar dimension room I think and I wonder if I can get everything in.

This is 8 x 20. It was never a room originally. Was a walkway between the house and garage. Prior owners did an addition that also closed this in. It has somewhat high ceiling at the peak. I doubt I’ll have all of my mounts up here as much as I would like because of the TV/couch/ladder desk and the mini split. I could fit 14-16 shoulder mounts if it were not including some of these items but as it stands now, I’ll have at least 8 on the wall using corner and double full range systems.

• Like 1

Could you silicone caulk it in place on the back of the unit?  Or readjust it so the excess is on top of the unit instead of along the bottom? 

I really like the tile above the galvanized panels! 

Edited by Otto

3 minutes ago, Otto said:

Could you silicone caulk it in place on the back of the unit?  Or readjust it so the excess is on top of the unit instead of along the bottom? 

I really like the tile above the galvanized panels! 

That is an idea to consider - we're going to try to solve for it tomorrow, my friend is our HVAC connection and he'll be bringing over the machine to get the moisture out of the line and we'll try some things before we decide for sure. The picture here doesn't make it seem as ugly but it stares you in the face when you enter the room (just below eye level to it). Best I can describe is its like weatherstripping that got stretched and is loose.