First bear pic.

mowin

Been hunting this property for 30 yrs. Never seen a bear or bear shit, or anything remotely indicating a bear. Hunted Maine for bear many yrs and know bear sign. 

This is the first confirmed sighting of a bear in this area in 30 yrs with dozens of cams throughout the yrs on 900+ acres. 

510afa6c-babc-4088-8546-e10eebeba4ae.jpg

• Like 17

On 10/20/2021 at 7:35 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Location?

Old Chatham. 4U.

This area is mostly fields with small tracks of woods.  I live 6 miles away, and bear sightings are fairly common, but it's lots of woods with little to no fields. 

I'm sure there has been bear on the property before, it's just we've never seen one or any sign over the yrs. 

Edited by mowin

Im in 8F so bears aren’t exactly common. Its all farm land here with no vast pine cover like bears like. Although, within a 2 mile stretch on my road two neighbors have seen/ gotten bear pics on camera. One of them works for me and has seen a sow with cubs cross the road in front of his house. This was three years ago. I would love to try some bear meat. 

• Like 1

I get a ton of bear pics and have had multiple  opportunities to kill  in 8 y. Haven't had a bear pic since June... perhaps my resident bears have moved on . They usually show  up when the get all the corn cut down on the river flats . We have a big sow that regularly has 3 to 4 cubs  every 2 years . She is collard. Had 2 juveniles last year during crossbow . Then there's Brutis. I get on cam every so often but never during season .

Edited by Nytracker