Get rid of it

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

What kind of simple minded man child won’t be friends with someone with different political views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given your post was to Al in response to my post, it seems a back door approach to refer to me a "simple minded" as much as him. For that reason I feel compelled to also respond.

Having friends and family with differing political views is a reality of life, and I would argue is healthy for thoughtful discussion and our country as a whole. It is also something you and some others here clearly seem to struggle with, as demonstrated by the sometimes passive aggressive and other times blatant in your face name calling and attacks against those who will not subscribe to the hate Trump mindset. That is not healthy for anything or anyone in my opinion.

So in response to your question: When it comes to this simple minded man; respectful debate with others is always welcome, whereas deliberate disrespect and meanness from others I avoid at every opportunity.

While we don't get to choose family we do get to choose our friends. In both cases, I know who to avoid because of the negativity and strife they bring to my life. So if that makes me simple minded, I happily accept being guilty as charged. 

• Like 1

Given your post was to Al in response to my post, it seems a back door approach to refer to me a "simple minded" as much as him. For that reason I feel compelled to also respond.
Having friends and family with differing political views is a reality of life, and I would argue is healthy for thoughtful discussion and our country as a whole. It is also something you and some others here clearly seem to struggle with, as demonstrated by the sometimes passive aggressive and other times blatant in your face name calling and attacks against those who will not subscribe to the hate Trump mindset. That is not healthy for anything or anyone in my opinion.
So in response to your question: When it comes to this simple minded man; respectful debate with others is always welcome, whereas deliberate disrespect and meanness from others I avoid at every opportunity.
While we don't get to choose family we do get to choose our friends. In both cases, I know who to avoid because of the negativity and strife they bring to my life. So if that makes me simple minded, I happily accept being guilty as charged. 

See that’s sad… I have many friends members of this forum in fact who have different political views.. we don’t fight argue or insult eachother. But they also act like adults and get information for legit sources not conspiracy theories

What kind of simple minded man child won’t be friends with someone with different political views

ME, I’m at a point in my life where I have zero use for anyone that is trying to destroy this country and my way of life.

I have family I haven’t spoken to in years, I don’t need them or want them in my life.

• Like 1

ME, I’m at a point in my life where I have zero use for anyone that is trying to destroy this country and my way of life.

I have family I haven’t spoken to in years, I don’t need them or want them in my life.

That’s insane if you think that a moderate Democrat wants to ruin your way if life. Or even a center right Republican who just couldn’t stand Trumps lies and BS

It effects me a lot when you think my life decisions are insane…

People can disagree about life decisions, political ideology, what their favorite sports teams are, what direction the country should go in. It doesn’t mean they need to be enemies.

So what you are basically saying is you hate democracy.

Any way if we ever wound up at a forum GTG together. I would gladly buy you a beer… sit at the same table, and talk about the common interests we have which I’m sure are many.

I get we disagree on some stuff but the rest is isn’t silly

• Like 1

Someone needs to get over Trump and start paying attention as to how the liberal/progressives are destroying our country. 

Someone doesn’t like them either… someone voted for Trump in 16 and just couldn’t do it again..

Someone didn’t vote for Trump for president and then voted Republican down ticket. So please don’t talk about what you don’t know

55 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Again...ditto! With just one small modification, "our" way of life. At my age (especially with the very close call I had a few weeks ago) I am more worried about the destructive changes that my now adult children and their children will need to deal with, more than what will happen to me. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 1

People can disagree about life decisions, political ideology, what their favorite sports teams are, what direction the country should go in. It doesn’t mean they need to be enemies.

So what you are basically saying is you hate democracy.

Any way if we ever wound up at a forum GTG together. I would gladly buy you a beer… sit at the same table, and talk about the common interests we have which I’m sure are many.

I get we disagree on some stuff but the rest is isn’t silly

By definition they are enemies.

I don’t hate democracy, I hate those that want to destroy it.

I would drink your free beer but likely wouldn’t talk to you.

I live my life my way. I don’t associate with people that I don’t like. If you vote to ruin our country I don’t like you. I live a very simple life and keep to myself, I haven’t always lived this way but I’ve never been happier.

• Like 4

Not for nothing  but  isn't a site like this for  the back and forth of things .  I think it is . The name calling and stuff  can  get out of hand  sometimes .  That is what discussions  are about .  I have learnt alot on this page. I have meet some awesome people . I have people that I don't care to meet .  We all have different  opinions.  That is life . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chef said:

Someone doesn’t like them either… someone voted for Trump in 16 and just couldn’t do it again..

Someone didn’t vote for Trump for president and then voted Republican down ticket. So please don’t talk about what you don’t know

Blah blah blah blah.
I know that he’s still living in someone’s head rent free and someone also has blinders on and can’t see how the libs are destroying our Constitution. 

• Like 1

Blah blah blah blah.
I know that he’s still living in someone’s head rent free and someone also has blinders on and can’t see how the libs are destroying our Constitution. 

Please give examples how how the constitution has been destroyed… outside of a few 2nd amendment issues which the SCOTUS is about to fix

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Please give examples how how the constitution has been destroyed… outside of a few 2nd amendment issues which the SCOTUS is about to fix

I can go on and on, but I have better things to do. I really don’t have time for you anymore. You’ll just spew some brainwashed leftist bs anyway. I’ll just name one, how about freedom of speech? I’m sure that there are others on here that can explain other examples for you. I’m done with you troll. 

• Like 1

I can go on and on, but I have better things to do. I really don’t have time for you anymore. You’ll just spew some brainwashed leftist bs anyway. I’ll just name one, how about freedom of speech? I’m sure that there are others on here that can explain other examples for you. I’m done with you troll. 

I’m sorry how has your personal freedom of speech been infringed on? It has not.

When has the federal government ever prevented you from saying anything you have wanted to say.

Get a grip

Mine hasn’t yet. But there are many others that it has been. And if you listened to Yuri, you and all of the other useful idiots may be next. 

So what your saying is your rights have not been infringed on? So they have done Nothing to you?

Can you name someone who’s right to feee speech has been? I’d bet you can’t

5 hours ago, Chef said:

See that’s sad… I have many friends members of this forum in fact who have different political views.. we don’t fight argue or insult eachother.

Chef , that’s not true - you do it all the time . Should I reference a few of the myriad insults and demeaning quotes you’ve graced us with over the past number of months, especially in the vaccination thread ? It would be quite easily , actually  lol. 

• Like 1

Chef , that’s not true - you do it all the time . Should I reference a few of the myriad insults and demeaning quotes you’ve graced us with over the past number of months, especially in the vaccination thread ? It would be quite easily , actually  lol. 

I said I don’t insult with my friends… not randoms here. Yea I’ve pointed out some of the insanely stupid opinions I’ve seen on here I won’t deny that

But it doesn’t mean I can’t look past it in person vs on the internet

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

I said I don’t insult with my friends… not randoms here. Yea I’ve pointed out some of the insanely stupid opinions I’ve seen on here I won’t deny that

But it doesn’t mean I can’t look past it in person vs on the internet

Oh , I see - but it’s ok to insult fellow forum members whom you disagree with? I’m sorry , but you are completely full of it Chef lol. Don’t you realize that many on here find some of your opinions just as idiotic as you do theres? Doesn’t sound too tolerant to me !! 

• Like 1

Oh , I see - but it’s ok to insult fellow forum members whom you disagree with? I’m sorry , but you are completely full of it Chef lol. Don’t you realize that many on here find some of your opinions just as idiotic as you do theres? Doesn’t sound too tolerant to me !! 

I do… but I’m right and they are wrong