February vacation booked! Anyone else traveling?

REDNECK4LIFE32

18 hours ago, left field said:

South of the border ... down Mexico way.

Tomorrow I get a 90-minute haircut and beard trim from Pepe H Barberia.

image.png.1e2b1af0ea44c241a0e590bb07674b58.png

Well, damn. That was great. 

Barber and I had a 10 minute conversation about my hair as I sipped a cafe con leche. Then an hour cut with lots of chat and checking to see if I like it. 

Once done with the head, he moved onto the beard and straight razor shave. Two hot towels, then one cool to close the pores. And finally, one of those old-time hand massagers across my shoulders. 

110 minutes … 340 pesos or 17 bucks. 

Love this town. Now off to make a margarita …

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phade said:

Exuma and Long Island are on my bucket list. I've heard Andros is nice - authentic as you noted. Only tough thing I have heard is that if you want to travel far on the island it can be a bit of a logistical effort for transportation. Probably 100% worth it though!

If you haven't been to STJ, I'd put that on the list too. It's phenomenal. I've heard since Covid, it's been hit hard with tourists due to it being still in the US family. When we went, we took a jeep and traversed the island and hit empty beach after empty beach, snorkeled with turtles, and took a day trip to Jost Van Dyke, which was unbelievable. I liked the variation from the Bahamas due to the island type (more mountainous and lush) and the panoramic views being up high is a sight to see.

I don’t know StJ but I’ll look into it, thanks. I’m very familiar with JVD - I love that place! I sailed the BVI twice while in grad school (and we only ran aground once!). The fishing gear we rented was junk be we trolled some from the catamaran and actually caught a couple of small tuna and a barracuda. 

8 hours ago, phade said:

Murrell's Inlet is a nice respite from MB proper; it's worth a visit in the evening for dinner along the boardwalk.

Carolina Roadhouse in MB has these honey-glazed rolls. Get them. Delicious.

Research shark teeth hunting there and bring your hunting flashlights - I read up on it like it was rouse, but we found several shark teeth at night; I think we found close to 10. It was a great kid/family experience. I spent more time doing a father-daughter activity with that than probably anything we've ever done together. She was hooked. 

Food in general there is very busy - restaurants are backed up all of the time. MB is now the fastest growing city in America and you will see it when you try to go out to eat. Make reservations ahead of time. Like, now. 

We went down twice last year and my father's better half lives down there full-time, so if you need any local suggestions closer to the trip, I can ask.

Thanks for the info and I might just have to ask for suggestions when it gets closer.   We went down a couple years ago and loved it. Kids are older now so it will be nice trying to do different stuff this time.  My wife could of spent the entire trip just at the boardwalk.  

On 1/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Old Vegas or New Vegas. We're planning a trip out there eventually not a gambler but to explore places around. Was going to go out for the adult entertainment awards but a buddy chickened out. Lol 

We went to see the strip stayed 2 nights but went to hike bryce and zion canyon. Must do.s

20210827_151312.jpg

20210827_151534.jpg

20210828_123704.jpg

20210828_123857.jpg

20210828_125607.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Jack Daniels tour in my sights and going to see where along the way on drive Blantons and Weller are

Nashville is on my bucket list as is Cooperstown and Louisville for baseball hall of Fame and Louisville slugger bat factory and museum. My son loves baseball so he'll enjoy that trip.

Well, damn. That was great. 
Barber and I had a 10 minute conversation about my hair as I sipped a cafe con leche. Then an hour cut with lots of chat and checking to see if I like it. 
Once done with the head, he moved onto the beard and straight razor shave. Two hot towels, then one cool to close the pores. And finally, one of those old-time hand massagers across my shoulders. 
110 minutes … 340 pesos or 17 bucks. 
Love this town. Now off to make a margarita …

110 minutes INDOORS, WITHOUT A MASK sipping a drink within 6 feet of someone? I’m proud of you for letting your guard down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Temp check in. Sanitizer. Coffee in to-go cup. Barbers in masks. Fans.
No obstante es muy seguro cuando se practica en conformidad con las normas de seguridad. 
Letting my guard down was being swarmed by the senoritas who loved my haircut.

Lol at the temp check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Temp check in. Sanitizer. Coffee in to-go cup. Barbers in masks. Fans.
No obstante es muy seguro cuando se practica en conformidad con las normas de seguridad. 
Letting my guard down was being swarmed by the senoritas who loved my haircut.

Pics (of the senoritas!) or it didn’t happen…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk