good size bobcat

vietvet50

Ok I was wrong but it is there for the purpose of pictures for the summer to see whats here and will be gone shortly the fact that i used it for pics I guess is bad. I have hunted for many yearsl and have never shot a deer on bait or even a planted food plot mainoly runways going to hay fields or cornfilsds or orchards up here , on our lease it is illegal to bait in hunting season We lease 200 acres betweeen another 800 acres I have permission to Hunt only to keep others out. I guess its obvious I am not a people person and am a bit touchy and for that I appologize but a 20 year military career and 2 tours in nam take its toll along with getting spit at and called names when You come home. Im not looking for sympathy for dam sure but there was no open arms as in other wars and I guess I take that to heart, along with special benefits todays soldiers are given but if it was at our cost I am glad our country learned something . again I apologize to all and will geat rid of the lick that looks like a stump. LOL next pics from there will be clean I assure you.....

Vet and I took My Meds and calmed down

I thought the pictures were fine and that the mineral block might have been set up to survey the game in your hunting area. Not to hunt over, but the whole Viet Nam stick , What's with that? Many of us have gone through the same thing . We just suck it up and go on. What does it have to do with you posting pictures on a hunting site. Edited by Dave

I thought the pictures were fine and that the mineral block might have been set up to survey the game in your hunting area. Not to hunt over, but the whole Viet Nam stick , What's with that? Many of us have gone through the same thing . We just suck it up and go on. That does it have to do with you posting pictures on a hunting site.

Ditto!

guess I was trying to apologize as I have severe PTSD and have been admitted as a inpatientand am maybe a bit sensative about things and over react sometimes but if You cant accept a honest apology so be it.... where did You serve ...and If you did and if you ever seen anything it will catch up to You eventually. it took 30 years for it to slam Me. so patiently wait My dear watson when it hits its a bitch You'll see...

Edited by vietvet50

I believe i have said that i appreciate the sacrifice you made. Regardless, i just feel that you need to know that using bait at any time of the year in NY is illegal, hunting season or not. I Think that you are probably telling the truth when you say you dont hunt over bait during the season, and maybe you just didnt realize what the rules actually are. Now you know, what you do with the info is your choice.

I believe i have said that i appreciate the sacrifice you made. Regardless, i just feel that you need to know that using bait at any time of the year in NY is illegal, hunting season or not. I Think that you are probably telling the truth when you say you dont hunt over bait during the season, and maybe you just didnt realize what the rules actually are. Now you know, what you do with the info is your choice.

Dude he and everybody else gets it, for crying out loud get off the podium, man some people just love to bust on others to make themselves feel better. You are probably the only guy on the face of the planet that doens't talk on a cell phone driving, speed, roll through stop signs or do anythign else illegal right. Just give it up, we know its illegal, we get it. They are just pictures, and I don't think deer are going to be extinct in NY from people putting out a mineral that helps the health of wildlife that can otherwise be found naturally in the environment anyway. Man its pain in the a$$ posts like these why nobody wants to post on these sites but the same few guys that have to constantly stroke themselves.

• Like 2

33Canuk,

There are people out there that do adhere to the rules to a tee. That is what a forum is all about. It takes all types and I really don't think Buck was on a podium shooting hi mouth off. I knew right off the bat that picture would attract the attention of some. The mineral lick is lillegal, black and white. I do believe there are some hunters on this forum that follow these rules, when they see something illegal they will let us know. Now if you really want to have a conversation-can we talk about sunrise and sunset, legal shooting hours down to the minute!! lol

Dude he and everybody else gets it, for crying out loud get off the podium, man some people just love to bust on others to make themselves feel better. You are probably the only guy on the face of the planet that doens't talk on a cell phone driving, speed, roll through stop signs or do anythign else illegal right. Just give it up, we know its illegal, we get it. They are just pictures, and I don't think deer are going to be extinct in NY from people putting out a mineral that helps the health of wildlife that can otherwise be found naturally in the environment anyway. Man its pain in the a$$ posts like these why nobody wants to post on these sites but the same few guys that have to constantly stroke themselves.

I dont remember saying that I dont talk on my cell while driving or anything like that, so I am not really sure where you are coming up with that nonsense. I also have every right to speak my mind about whatever I like. You dont like it? Tough.

Dont like the thread, dont open it. Its a simple concept.

What I meant was, I'm pretty sure the guy and everyone else knows mineral licks are illegal, its not really all that tough to know that, so why beat up on every single post people put up, it's not like DEC is going to see you scold someone and give you a medal. Even if you want to inform them, thats fine, PM them or something but dont start the same "great debate" over and over and over again. Maybe I'm that only one thinking this but I highly doubt it. And all I meant about the cell phone or speeding etc. is simply that people break the law everyday all day and obvisouly we know about it but there is no need to tell someone like they don't necessarily already know. And I think there are many sportsman on here that follow the rules myslef included but again, we are all on here becuase we love the outdoors and share a passion, there really isn't the extra need to beat up on someone who is posting pics and discourage them from future posts, their mineral block can only get them in trouble not you so let the cards fall how they may.

• Like 1

There are many out there that do NOT know it is illegal. I am always surprised at the number that asume the laws have not changed from year to year. It used to be legal to do it in the off season. it isn't anymore. If I was doing something that wasn't legal and didn't know the difference I would hope someone would tell me.

I don't think CCC did, he made the point you should have in one post. I'm not going to get in a great debate but no way you can honestly say that your intent was to just let him know it was illegal or you could have simply said "not sure if you are aware but it is illegal to use bait, or attractents of any kind in NY for whitetails" instead your first post you made a comment to suggest that but yet make him feel inferior but not just stating the law, you baited the post for others to chime in and bust on him. If you say otherrwise I think you are fooling only yourself. You did state the rules in the 2nd post but again it's overkill once you state the law leave it at that or just turns poeple away because I'm sure he doesn't feel like he just learned a valuable lesson, probably feels more like he got kicked out of the boys club. Hey man I'm sure you are a great guy I have seen many of your posts ad appreciate them I'm just saying it always seems like sites like this end of getting crapped up because people get to uptight about things and are way to oppionated and honestly by me entering into this mini debate I'm doing the same. Good luck with the upcoming season I hope you do great.

Edited by 33Canuck
  • Like 1

33Canuck Good post.

He is right in so far as many like to jump on the post of something bad or illegal. We can not help it but It is discouraging when you are just enjoying nature and trying to post some pics when people jump on you for something you are doing. AND I realize we as ethical hunters have a responsiblitly to inform others, yet if we did it a little more discreatly we would have more people coming back and not feeling like they are not welcome because of a mistake. WE all make mistakes... Everyone brakes the law, in one way or another if we know it or not... Sending a PM would help.

Not trying to bash you WNYBuckHunter just saying many will leave a site if not welcomed or if they feel they have done something wrong and now everyone(or even one person) does not like them. One of the things I do is read out loud the post I am writing and ask, would I be offended if this was about me? I think what 33Canuck is saying is that many people take offense to any bashing of thier post and take it personaly and this causes them to not want to come back. As you know from our talks I have a thick skin , yet not all have this abilitly and this should be noted when posting to people who do not post that much... And the discretion you use will be appreciated by the posters and make them feel special now that they have a personal contact on this site making the brotherhood even stronger!!!

I understand you have a stong oppinion and hell I like that! Yet not everyone is as accepting of criticism and with all the Other sites it is simple to not come back and just say that site sucks... I think this is a great site and what makes great sites even better is understanding and compasionate admins.

Again I hope you see my point. This is MY FAVORITE site I only want to see it get better!!!

PS: VietVet50 Your picks are Awsome!!! Pls post more they rock!!! AND PLEASE COME BACK!!! We love ALL our vets here on HUNTINGNY.com!!!

Just so I make sure I don[t step on anyones toes or hurt any feelings......at what point is is proper to openly discuss illegal activities? Is it on the picture post of the 4th 5th or 6th buck of the season? Baiting can't be discussed so how about taken out of season? is that one ok? How about a crossbow during archery? well nevermind that one...might be a moot point anyway.

WTH we turned into a bunch of freaking pu$$ies.

We can talk about illegal activities any time, my point is that not everyone knows that they are doing something illegal and a little discression goes a long way in:

1: informing the person it is illegal

2:doing it descreatly so they don't feel demoralized on a public forum and do not want to come back.

3:If done properly they will come back and hopfully stop what ever illegal activity they are doing...

4: this is a public site and as much cursing that is done when the "guys" get together is not the same thing as posting on a public forum where anyone including my mom would read... Again discression is key... We have to tone it down while posting on a public forum...

Plain and simple if we talked like we do while at the hunting camp or while hanging out in the garage this would be a R or X-rated site... Realize kids and women visit this site along with us male domanant types...

Well Gentlemen and Ladies I went in today and disposed of the Block that again I will say was for pictures and Yes it is wrong which I did not know, I knew baiting in season was wrong but not for pics sake, and thanks for bringing Me up to speed. I have never shot a deer over bait and I do not take more than I have tags for or fill anyone elses tags but a few here do have a pathetic approach. and as for westernnyer You didnt tell Me where You served yet its not as easy to suck ukp as You might think but I woiuld guess You didnt serve or have You held one of Your buddies Guts in as He bled out and died in Your arms or picked up body parts so they could be shipped home to Momma or there wives so until You have walked in My shoes Keep Your ignorant mouth shut about the 20 plus years I served for ungrateful people such as yourself. I dont expect shit from this country or the people and I only really served for the Guy next to Me, as You can see I take My Military career very serious I'll be out Your way this summer doing a wounded warrior Parade with a group called Combat Vets look Me Up I'd like that alot. :)....... as for any others that liked the pics Thanks Folks..

Vet.

Well Gentlemen and Ladies I went in today and disposed of the Block that again I will say was for pictures and Yes it is wrong which I did not know, I knew baiting in season was wrong but not for pics sake, and thanks for bringing Me up to speed. I have never shot a deer over bait and I do not take more than I have tags for or fill anyone elses tags but a few here do have a pathetic approach. and as for westernnyer You didnt tell Me where You served yet its not as easy to suck ukp as You might think but I woiuld guess You didnt serve or have You held one of Your buddies Guts in as He bled out and died in Your arms or picked up body parts so they could be shipped home to Momma or there wives so until You have walked in My shoes Keep Your ignorant mouth shut about the 20 plus years I served for ungrateful people such as yourself. I dont expect shit from this country or the people and I only really served for the Guy next to Me, as You can see I take My Military career very serious I'll be out Your way this summer doing a wounded warrior Parade with a group called Combat Vets look Me Up I'd like that alot. :)....... as for any others that liked the pics Thanks Folks..

Vet.

I find you post a little disturbing, we don't need the graphic details. I hope you are getting counseling for your PTSD. Lost of us have served and keep it to ourselves most just want to forget what happened over 40 yrs ago. But you like to talk about it, this is not the site to do that. It's a hunting site , I am sure there are some Viet Nam vet organizations that can get you some help, you need it. No disrespect intended I know how you feel, been there." There it is" Maybe you shouldn't be carring a gun around in the woods, you may experience some flash backs. That can never be a good thing. God bless and hope you get the help you need.