Apparently there are bears all over the freaking place

burmjohn

hot n dry, no mast, berries are about ripe lots of them wandering looking for food, lack of food makes for a lot more sightings, and not just bear, deer have to look for food in poor mast years as well. lots of apples last year = deer sightings down by 20%. cam photos show same or increased pop from previous year. find the food find the game!!!

7s is over run with bear. Get atleast 10 pics everytime I change cards. Cant really tell but guess there are several different bears. I run into them all the time while hunting and they have cost me several shots on deer and one even followed me back to my car. They are constantly on my porch and trying to get into my garbage. I HATE BEARS!!!

7s is over run with bear. Get atleast 10 pics everytime I change cards. Cant really tell but guess there are several different bears. I run into them all the time while hunting and they have cost me several shots on deer and one even followed me back to my car. They are constantly on my porch and trying to get into my garbage. I HATE BEARS!!!

erussell, I agree with you 100% . I am in the Windsor area and I see bear all the time. I see alot of them in the spring when out for turkey hunting and a few during bow season, but never in gun season, but there are one or two taken near me every year.As far as I am concern I hope they shoot them all.

erussell, I agree with you 100% . I am in the Windsor area and I see bear all the time. I see alot of them in the spring when out for turkey hunting and a few during bow season, but never in gun season, but there are one or two taken near me every year.As far as I am concern I hope they shoot them all.

I find my sightings more than double when there is a bumper crop of acorns. The property I hunt is covered with oaks and no matter where I hang the stand I can count on a bear walking through feeding when the Corns are fallin. I even had 2 within 40 yrds of either side of my stand one day. I wish someone would shoot them on the neighboring properties because they are getting bad. Only problem is they just opened it up within the last few yrs and no one knows what to do with them once you shoot them. :D

Check out this FOX-TV news story about bears. My son lived in this house two years ago (Tannersville, NY) before moving to Hunter NY. One morning just as he was about to open the storm door he wa surprised to see a bear laying on the deck right in front of the door. He was licking the grease pot on the gas grill!

Lot's of bears in this area!

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Bear-trouble-in-Greene-County-caught-on-camera/fv2Jj7KJ5EqiPfh4uQC7cg.cspx#.T_7Qs37liDQ.facebook

post-408-0-54451000-1341713645_thumb.jpgpost-408-0-91418500-1341713656_thumb.jpg

Slugger09 - what model Moultrie was used to shoot those pics? I just got 2 D-55IR's but just mounted them 2 days ago. Will be interesting to see the quality. I have an older Moultrie that still works great - forgot the model # though.