a true WNY public land giant...

TheTruth2

I'm seeing a buck that goes easily over 21" inside and the tine length is misleading due to the very large spread. the tines will score higher than they look. great buck.

BTW, how did you get that 2nd picture posted? loaded into your phone?

I respectfully disagree. In order for that deer to gross 155" he's going to need 67" of antler per side with an estimated 21" inside spread. Breaking that down further...a 23" mainbeam + 17" mass (4 "H" measurements) = 40". He's still going to need to come up with another 27" for the G1, G2, and G3 to hit the 155 mark. Sorry, it ain't gonna happen...his antlers are fully grown in that latest photo.

As stated earlier, he's a great deer and I hope you get a cack at him come October!!!.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

I respectfully disagree. In order for that deer to gross 155" he's going to need 67" of antler per side with an estimated 21" inside spread. Breaking that down further...a 23" mainbeam + 17" mass (4 "H" measurements) = 40". He's still going to need to come up with another 27" for the G1, G2, and G3 to hit the 155 mark. Sorry, it ain't gonna happen...his antlers are fully grown in that latest photo.

As stated earlier, he's a great deer and I hope you get a cack at him come October!!!.

I agree...not many 160 gross 8s running around in any woods. His brow contributions are minimal. I think you're spot on with the mass, too. Ultimately, the mass and short brows are going to do this buck in (if that's what you even want to call it). It's still a shooter, and really, at that point, we should all just shut up and hope he kills it, cause its big enough.

Putting a tape to it is the only real end result that answers the question.

Edited by phade

I hunt nny and I spend allot of time in the woods and checking trail cams in some big woods that is private land and the biggest deer taken are on state land unless it is a farm buck. Very nice deer, some day I hope to see something like this in the woods as well

There are pics of an 8 in the 160s on this site. I cant remember what thread though. I saw this deer multiple times at close range in person the season before he was taken and he was in the mid 140s then. He was bigger than the buck in your pic when I had my encounters. Heres the pic when he was taken, low to mid 160s...

Untitled-5.jpg

I still say low 140s tops. Nothing wrong with that though, hes still a hell of a buck!

Good luck with him!

There are pics of an 8 in the 160s on this site. I cant remember what thread though. I saw this deer multiple times at close range in person the season before he was taken and he was in the mid 140s then. He was bigger than the buck in your pic when I had my encounters. Heres the pic when he was taken, low to mid 160s...

Untitled-5.jpg

I still say low 140s tops. Nothing wrong with that though, hes still a hell of a buck!

Good luck with him!

Think truth's buck is every bit of this one, minus the brows.

Edited by Localqdm

• 3 weeks later...