Trail cam ethics

Kelty

I had a trailcam stolen off of my own posted property last year. How's that for ethics. I've been wanting to get another camera for this season, but I hate the thought of having another one stolen. Makes me crazy.

Same here it is an awesome feeling when you go to grab the card and it is gone. Some people are just scum.

I would definatly take the camera and leave a nice note saying that you have it and call them. Tell them a place where you can meet so you can see who it is and get a pic if possible. Then tell them that you don't let people hunt your land and they where tresspassing. From there you can give the camera back or tell them it is at the police or with the DEC. Sometimes it is better to be nice than mean.

Agree here

I did not find one but we suspect someone put a camera out on the previous post I did titled terrible end for a deer, so I am expecting the person to return at a future date and was asking for input as to what to do.

Wow there are alot of honest people here. I was always a fan of finders keepers, when its on your own property. My buddy and I have 20 acres in sullivan county all woods and someone that lives around the area keeps coming onto our land and either taking the treestands/ camerass, or destroys them completly. We have an idea that it may be a member from a hunting club that is about a miles hike through the woods

Hummm.....some really good suggestions here...and some really yucky ones too!

I say take the card,lock the cam there and make them bust thier own cam to get it lose. Make it ...work. Try your best to catch them. If you do,shoot'em.

No,not really. But your land is YOUR land. Make them wish you shot them.This tresspassing is way beyond anymore....My land IS MY LAND,PERIOD!

Take the cams,screw the note.Did they care about you when the set them up?

I agree with take it and leave a note. A couple of years ago, the land owner, who's property I hunt, found a cam on his land. He took it and replaced it with a posted sign that had his phone # on it. A day or two later a guy called. The owner told him to meet him at the farm and sure enough the next afternoon two guys in their 20;s showed up with their tails between their legs. I thought the one kid was gonna cry. After the owner gave them a little bit of a hard time he gave them the came back and they left..No problems since.I think that if they realize that you know who they are they, more than likely wont be back. WNYBuckhunter's idea is just mean!!!LOL