The Left and Chick-Fil-A

After all the support the company recently got, they plan to occupy Chick-fil-As across the country on Friday for a "National Same Sex Kiss Day" -- a fine juxtaposition of how conservatives and liberals demonstrate their support.

Conservatives standing in line and purchasing a product. Liberals occupying private property with the objectives of offending others and preventing commerce.

Seems to me the choice for patriotic Americans is quite clear.

• Like 2

I'm saying the left has an in your face attitude about anyone that doesn't agree with them. It's rude, intolerant of other's opinions and borderline illegal.

I find it interesting they wish to boycott Chick-Fil-A because it's owners support traditional family values, but they continue to buy gasoline, which is made from Arab oil. The Arabs put homosexuals to death.

The Left (Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, etc.) isn't tolerant in general, as they want to ban a lot of traditional things, like guns, free speech they don't like and religion. They're just tolerant of a lot of things most Americans find vulgar.

BTW: The owners of Chick-Fil-A never refused to serve anyone or hire them either. They just supported a traditonal family values organization and confirmed it to a reporter. That's free speech in my opinion and boycotting them for it is Un-American.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

Suppose this business owner were Muslim, and his faith would not allow him to serve Christians...Would you support him?

Muslim business owners often refuse to serve homosexuals and they are not getting boycotted by these same folks who are screaming about Chick-Fil-A. How do you explain that?

The owner only expressed his OPINION on gay marriage..( 1st amendment) thats all. He didnt say he refused to serve or hire gays. Matter of fact he serves and empolys gays every day. The fact of the matter is that the left is totaly intolorant of anyone who does not march to their beat. It's their way or be attacked.

Almost all mulims and African Americans are against gay marriage. Will the left protest them??? NOPE!! Cowards.

does anyone here really still believe they have freedom of speech or ever had freedom of speech? your free to say what ever you want and if you say the wrong thing you will either be removed from your employment, sued in court, and yea even put in jail. just go out in public and start denying the holocaust and see what happens to you. most employeers will drop you like a lead balloon if you say slavery was a good thing.

And why the hell is everyone so concerend with what the freakin gays are doing and if they get married or not, man i couldnt care less and am happy to say i have bigger and better things in my life to deal with, let the fruits marry, they have been around since the beginning of time and are not going away..

God created the world and filled it with choices. Good choices and bad. You become what you are as a result of a lifetime of choices. The end result is what God's going to be evaluating when you meet him.

Life's simply a test consisting of good deeds and temptations. Some folks choose wisely and always choose the good, others always fall for temptation. Most folks struggle with the choices because they lack faith, or it has been deminished by the lectures from society.

Being born gay is one thing, practicing gay sex is another, and promoting gay marriage is the obvious result of the prior two. IMHO it is a death spiral most people haven't got the capacity to envision via extrapolation.

• Like 2

Just a small minority with a big mouth. The large Right has to start being more vocal to drown out the shouts from the small Left.

"From Georgia to California, protests drew yawns, not saliva.

Even in Atlanta, the home of Chick-fil-A, only two dozen kissers showed up. And there was a similar lack of necking in Chicago, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Francisco.

At NYU, 20 people weren’t allowed in the dorm that hosts the city’s only Chick-fil-A. Just three pairs of guys kissed on the street.

In Jersey, I only found eight kissers — and two weren’t even bi!"

God, as they say, works in her own mysterious way. To assume that you know why she does what she does is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Not if you listen to God's word and read it. It's a stretch to think God doesn't communicate to us all the time. It's also a stretch to assume God has a gender. The male term is only used in scripture as a tradition for "Father"

This is the most Faith Intolerant POTUS the country has ever seen.

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/14304/

And you Early, seem to be of the same persuasion:

Quote.....

Only explanation is that their actions are dictated by their faith. "Faith" generates intolerance...bigotry...prejudice...hatred...and, yes, stupidity!

(BTW, my question was about those who protest Chick-Fil-A, not the Muslims)

Do you have this same opinion of all faiths, or just the Christians in America?

Edited by Grouse

Aren't you generalizing the Faiths based on the actions of a few of the individuals that practice it?

Where does the Christian faith promote intolerance...bigotry...prejudice...hatred...or stupidity?

Christian faith speaks out against all of those things.

All examples of human frailty and poor decision making by people who disregarded their faith. The faith itself is not the problem, human imperfection is.

One could site examples of atrocities for any segment of society throughout history. There are plenty of causes for it that have nothing to do with faith. There are probably more examples of genecide happening to people of faith, than atrocities being committed by them.

If the alternative is atheism, I don't think that is going to make things better regarding human decision making in this global society. Just forcing the removal of faiths from society, as the Soviets did, is a red flag of pending oppression of the people.

Besides, the government wants to set itself up as the God all citizens should follow. That can not be accomplished if there is another God it has to compete with.

Suppose this business owner were Muslim, and his faith would not allow him to serve Christians...Would you support him?

Absolutely not. Nor would I support his business if he said he would not SERVE gays. He simply said they should not be able to marry. I agree with him, and regardless of what any politician or fake church says, God says marriage is a union between a man and a woman. That's enough to end the debate for me.

Why are they called GAY ?? I thought gay meant HAPPY...

Doesn't everyone think that Chick-Fil-A is a stupid name ??

I think it's time for my NAP....

Now you have me worried that Steve 863 or Doewhacker or Doc or Bubba might sneak up and try to KISS me...