Super Sportsman License

tj1187

Just a heads up....Got my super sportsman license and discovered that the "bow/muzzle loader anterless deer tag" was not included. Called the DEC and they said there was a glitch in the system and that they would figure out how to send the missing tag to those that already purchased the super sportsman license. DEC said they hope to have the glitch corrected by Thursday so if you plan to purchase this license talk to the agent first to see if it's been remedied.

Just a heads up....Got my super sportsman license and discovered that the "bow/muzzle loader anterless deer tag" was not included. Called the DEC and they said there was a glitch in the system and that they would figure out how to send the missing tag to those that already purchased the super sportsman license. DEC said they hope to have the glitch corrected by Thursday so if you plan to purchase this license talk to the agent first to see if it's been remedied.

Sounds about right for NYS... good things the tags only cost $98 bucks!!! I'd like to see what happens when someone shoots a doe during bow or muzzleloader season and they don't have the tag to transport the deer. Then we will see who's fault it is!

One would think, with all the years running, the decals system would have all the bugs out of it. I remember last Nov 1. going for extra dmp tags, guy ahead of me appled for 2 and got 4. They took 2 back, of coarse, but town cleck said system had been doing it all day. What was even worse, was they don't void the extra tags out of the system till the end of day.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

There was a sign in Dicks Sporting goods ( yesterday) stating that the Super Sportsman was currently unavailable ! I dont know if the problem was cleared up yet or not !

Not as of ~10AM this morning per my Town Clerk.

She did get an eMail from the DEC to ensure everyone wanting a SS that dmps would be available where applicable.

Sent an email to DECALS after my DMP app got screwed up. A very nice lady named Mary, emailed me back that she would take care of it. Well... true to her word, I got my doe tags today, but I'm still waiting on my actual license. Wierd...

They seem to be on top of the problem if you contact them.