Hunting??...Or, Not.....??

Early

Explain, please.......??? How does my being a traditionalist make me an idiot? Your unsubstantiated comment makes you a ............... Well, I think you know!

Question: Are you an AR, Play Soldier type of hunter?

The age range of my small hunting fraternity is 60 - 80. Not one among us would go into the deer woods with a guy dressed in full camo and toting any of the black, tactical weapons. And, if/when we encounter such a character...we turn and go the othe way, fast!

The image of hunters in America is tarnished enough by outside comments/criticism. We do not need to add to that negative image by going hunting dressed/looking like GI Joe.

How is the image of a hunter tarnished.. by anti hunting wackos?? You could be wearing a 3 piece suit and carrying a slingshot and they still wouldn't be happy... Davey Crocket wore a coon skin cap and buckskins at the Alamo... I'm sure he wore that hunting too.. does that make him a GI Joe Hunter? Personally I am a little more leery of the guy in the head to toe, brand new, Cabela's blaze orange suit... with the shiny new gun... that just took his hunter safety course the week before than the guy you discribed... but I still wouldn't run from him. You really have to read your own posts before you click the post button... maybe you'll realize how ridiculous you sound sometimes.. AND... YOU A TRADITIONALIST??? .. You mean the guy who constantly steps on the constitution questioning its validity in current times... the progressive thinker??? I think not!! You don't want anyone telling you what kind of buck you can shoot, but you're okay with telling someone else what kind of gun they can hunt with? Remarkable!!

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

You know like the thread Early says if you dont like the president your a racist.

Not sure if I saw that or not...but based on the above statement alone....

Yeppers sure am.... fully own and embrace that statement....For I am a racist when it comes to humans that are voted into a position of power with egos that super seeds their intelligence and concern for the well being of the over all public they serve...These types are an entity unto themselves in the human race and come in a range of colors and creeds...another example would be...GWII....Nixon...you get my point

One thing I have noticed is that there a lot more adds the last few years,for AR hunting type firearms and parts for them in the predator hunting magazines,also remember there are a lot of GI's returning from over seas that have been trained with them as there primary firearm.Heck I even know a long time benchrest shooter and custom bolt action receiver producer, that liked them enough to start making his own version of one.A good friend of mine and a very good gunsmith,RIP cancer got the best of him,Helped in the the prototype 22 caliber version of the Thompson Sub Machine gun.We were at there range and shot the 22 with both the stick and drum Mag's. at full auto also the 45 Cal. version at full auto.It was fun but I never had a need for one where I hunt.To each his or her own.

My brother is GI Joe. He is still an active service member protecting this country. He has enough military gear in his basement to change outifts several times a week and not have to do laundry. So when he goes hunting he takes his old beat-up fatigue. Why not? Why would he spend extra money buying "traditional" hunting outfit when he already has camo gear he can use at home? Why would he throw them away? I guess he needs to buy a coon skin hat just so that he can make the "traditionalist" happy?

The shotgun he uses when hunting is a used Mossberg 500 pump that was used to clear tunnels in Afghanistan. It is desert camo color but he has since add some extras to it. I guess he's needs to get rid of this shotgun and buy a tradtional walnut stocked over under instead.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

Strange thread ..... I guess I am not one to jump to any conclusions based on what a hunter is carrying. There's a lot of guys packing equipment that I myself may not prefer to use for any of a number of reasons. So what?

Now if they were running through the woods dressed in a loin-cloth and armed only with a knife clenched between their teeth, I might get a bit concerned ..... lol.

We certainly do struggle sometimes just to find reasons to bash hunters don't we?

LMAO If I saw that in the woods I would fall out of the tree laughing

If a guy wants to go tactical...let him go for it , I wouldn't but thats me. He should wear some orange though. As for the AR platform, like it or not it is a good platform and they are getting more and more popular for hunting. I dont think guys that use them are in the woods with 100 round drum mags.It's more like 5 rounders (which they also make)

I still wear red and black Wool with an orange vest over it. Guns are walnut and blued. . Im sure a tactical guy would think that im way behind..What ever

Before they came out with RealTree , etc camo , guys used to wear Military Camo hunting . Big deal , what's the problem ? So a hunter has a tactical rifle versus a semi auto Remington or a semi auto shotgun . The color of the rifle makes a difference on whether he's a hunter or a whacko ?

If I see someone in the woods wearing a loin cloth and carrying a spear I guess it might be early in his traditional outfit ! Duh ...........

OK, Lugnut....I'm talking: full camo, face paint and all...carrying an AR or HK weapon (Yep...Weapon...That's what the anti's see)...and laden down with an assortment of "tactical gear". So...what do you think? Hunter?? Or, a guy playing military/police?? My guess is the latter!

If we are ever done in by the anti's....it won't be because of vintage double barrel shotguns. But, it might be from the wannabe's who go into the woods equipped like Special Ops guys!!!

It just might be the "Black Guns" that do us in! But, hey, you tactical guys, you just go on saying "Anything Goes!"

A few posts back, someone called me an idiot. Well, I call you an asshole!

It just might be the "Black Guns" that do us in!

Come on Early...really???!!! I tried to give ya the benefit of doubt but.... Well wait...I need time to stop laughing......

Nope don't think I can...that's just tooooo over the top..lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Have you been caught up in this "Thy shall not judge" movement. I tell my grandkids..."You damn well better judge everybody/everything you see. If you don't, the bad could sneak up on you!" For you to suggest that everything new is GOOD is just wrong!

OK, Lugnut....I'm talking: full camo, face paint and all...carrying an AR or HK weapon (Yep...Weapon...That's what the anti's see)...and laden down with an assortment of "tactical gear". So...what do you think? Hunter?? Or, a guy playing military/police?? My guess is the latter!

If we are ever done in by the anti's....it won't be because of vintage double barrel shotguns. But, it might be from the wannabe's who go into the woods equipped like Special Ops guys!!!

It just might be the "Black Guns" that do us in! But, hey, you tactical guys, you just go on saying "Anything Goes!"

You have to be smarter than that... you should know that anti's see what they want to see.. i would assume if they thought they where military police they wouldn't have any problem... because they are anti hunting not anti military police... you really have to stop the profiling!!..LOL

facepalm.jpg

Can I take back the last thing I said in this thread? Please?