We Interrupt this marriage . . .

Deerthug

I had to post this to my wife's FB when I saw this. I waterfowl, bow/gun for bear and deer, then squirrel when the deer are gone. My fall calendar only "appears" to be open. Those empty dates are reserved for hunting, anything else has to be written down or it doesn't happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah every year, around October, I tell the wife " it's hunting season....see ya for christmas" Been doing it for almost 20 years and it still ticks her off!! LOL

Last year my wife and I were planning our wedding and honey moon for March. I was involved and did as much as possible to help. As soon as opening day came I gave my credit card to my wife and said do what ever you think you need to do. Ill see you later. lets just say wedding planning was put on hold for a bit because there was way to much for one person to handle

My father in law got me started deer hunting and my wife has never given me any crap about it . She is in San Diego this week and going to our time share in Williamsburg , Va for a week during gun season . We have been married for 50 years and learned to work things out long ago . Dayum , it's quiet here ! :alcoholic:

• Like 1

Same here . . . my father in law and brother in laws got me into it and my wife was a kid when they started so it was natural for her to deal with my hunting adventures without a problem. In fact she switched her day off from Thursday to this coming Monday so I can go hunt. Only thing is that she always hopes I fill my tags the first couple of times I go out.

This is the first year that the wife is looking forward to me getting out to hunt, since I've been home since May with a knee injury. I guess I've been getting under her skin. Now I've been telling her that I'm not hunting this year because I want to spend more time with her...LOL That ticks her off too.

My mother helps my father pack and pushes him out the door, she says buying the land 5 years ago was the best thing that could have happened for their marriage. she loves deer season so she can get all her christmas shit done like shopping and decorating without having to listen to my father b!tch about it all.

on the other hand, my wife helps my pack as well, but she does so she can make sure i put all of HER clothes in the wash and rubbermaid totes as well and dont "accidently" forget her stuff