send letters for crossbows in NY

WNY ...you keep saying that but with the responses you and other Xbow supporters have given ..you make a very compelling argument as to why all hunters and land owners ....hikers and recreationist should speak up against them...and perhaps seeing I haven't read or heard a word from the NYB association on the Xcross bows...for I don't care to have any organizations putting their  thoughts in my mouth ....I should go about the business of getting hunters and non hunters to voice their oppinions on this....you may find you have less supporters than you thought

Perhaps not enough out door ppl realize this controversy is happening...or that they aren't being given the proper opportunity to consider this inclusion ...and what effects it may have on their public land use areas ... That they have a mere 2yrs to rally and speak up to give their opinions....Maybe they don't realize that large organizations with delegates have more to say than they do and if you don't belong to an organization you have to fight to make your voice heard ....Yes ...Thank You for the push...I have some work ahead of me ....

can someone translate this from Bolshevik to English for me??? ;D

LOL.. can't believe how how you two are so threatened by another hunting weapon... wow the NYB has really got you guys brainwashed...

It has nothing to do with being "threatened."

Crossbows have no business in bowseason.  If people want to bowhunt, they should learn to use a legal bow.

This isn't rocket science.

you have no business in any hunting season BUB, LMFAO ;)

And you are entitled to your opinion... but thats all it is.. your opinion.

Ditto.

But I already knew that...

You don't act like it.

You jam your opinion down everyone's throat on every thread you post on.  If they disagree with you, you threaten to punch them in the mouth.

Your credibility is worthless.  You should zip it, and go away.

WNY ...you keep saying that but with the responses you and other Xbow supporters have given ..you make a very compelling argument as to why all hunters and land owners ....hikers and recreationist should speak up against them...and perhaps seeing I haven't read or heard a word from the NYB association on the Xcross bows...for I don't care to have any organizations putting their  thoughts in my mouth ....I should go about the business of getting hunters and non hunters to voice their oppinions on this....you may find you have less supporters than you thought

Perhaps not enough out door ppl realize this controversy is happening...or that they aren't being given the proper opportunity to consider this inclusion ...and what effects it may have on their public land use areas ... That they have a mere 2yrs to rally and speak up to give their opinions....Maybe they don't realize that large organizations with delegates have more to say than they do and if you don't belong to an organization you have to fight to make your voice heard ....Yes ...Thank You for the push...I have some work ahead of me ....

If outdoors people don't realize it is happening then it must not be important to them... what is going on can be easily found anywhere on the net now days.. and as for non-hunters opinions... who cares? The inclusion of a crossbow has the same affect on hunting as the inclusion of an improved bow or gun... we aren't talking about including F-16's and tanks here.

sorry guy's for just chiming in and insulting the local dingbat group and running but thats all this thread is worth, these people are not even worth the argument, they are simply too simple minded and self centered and deserve nothing more than an occasional callous insult here and there. people who really hunt and enjoy the sport and the future of our sport should not even waste any time with chimps like these.

Ok, so I had to read this 5 or 6 times before I could piece this puzzle of babble together, but what I get out of it is that you are going to start a crusade against crossbows based on the fact that you dont like them. I am guessing it all stems from your neighbors, whom you think will then be haphazardly shooting crossbow arrows all through your woods, and you will get shot by one of them.

Well, have fun with that, but Im pretty sure you will be sadly disappointed with the results.

BTW, what exactly have I said to give anyone a reason to become anti-crossbow? I have given facts and my opinion, which is based on facts not emotion. I have called some of the people in the thread elitists, because thats the type of attitude they have shown. As Ive said before, if it walks, talks and looks like a duck, its a duck. arrowflinger and spiker have been quacking up a storm.

Oh, one more thing, I do give you respect for not aligning yourself with a group that has stood shoulder to shoulder with the anti-hunting, animal rights crowd.  ;)

All that crossbow proponents want is for all archery equipment to be included right where it belongs, in archery season.

We buy a "bowhunting" stamp, not an "archery" stamp.

Let the lazy turds learn to bowhunt, if they want to be in bowseason.

By the way....what makes you think full intrusion will stop the controversy?

Crossbow hunters will ALWAYS be second class citizens, considered cheaters by real bowhunters and the general public.

Wow, and you dont consider yourself an elitist? Talking about "second class citizens" and "real bowhunters"?

BTW, DEC uses Archery and Bowhunting interchangeably on their website.

wasn't the crossbow type weapon created thousands of years before a compound bow? why do some compound bow hunters care so much about the crossbow?

I hunt in shotgun only county, and if they came out and legalized a more efficient shotgun that could be used my area, I would do 1 of 2 things.

1. Continue usuing my shotgun I already have.

or

2. Upgrade to these newer/more efficient version, if I really liked it better.

so why dont compound bow hunters who complain, just stay with their compound bows OR buy a crossbow?

Is the NYS Crossbow Law/Bill set in stone for the next 2 years? I'm curious because I see the NYS law is the crossbow max draw weight is 200lb. but Pennsylvania has no max. So I plan on buying a 200lb. crossbow, but if they change the draw weight to no max, id go with a 225lb. or what if they lessen the max, and now my crossbow is illegal?

But, if we can successfully keep inclusion to only the rifle season, and late mz...we will have won, and you will not see many xguns at all after a few years.

I almost forgot to address this quote, almost.  ;)

That is nothing but pure BS. NYB failed their main objective on crossbows, which was to keep them out of the woods in NY. I figured you guys would start changing your tune to try and deflect from the point that you already lost.

LMAO  ;)

I almost forgot to address this quote, almost.  ;)

That is nothing but pure BS. NYB failed their main objective on crossbows, which was to keep them out of the woods in NY. I figured you guys would start changing your tune to try and deflect from the point that you already lost.

LMAO  ;)

That's a tad dishonest.

The goal is obviously to keep them out of bowseason.

The philosophy was straight out of the NRA playbook.....don't give them an inch, they will take a mile.  Sure enough...you crossbow pushers finally got your inch, and now you are pressing for a mile.

Still, the ultimate objective is to keep crossbows out of bowseason. 

Do you really think anyone cares if someone uses a crossbow during gun season?  LMAO.

NYB lost the battle...but not the war.  The laws are written very deliberately...there can be no confusion that crossbows are treated like firearms, not bows.

NYB is still positioned well....we'll see how it goes from here.

LOL, please. NYB lost, and they will lose their new fight as well.

I love how the losers are now trying to change their tune so that the loss seems to be less of a big deal.

Oh, and crossbow proponents (any that I know of), want full inclusion, and have from the beginning. The foot is in the door, get ready for it to be opened the rest of the way.  ;)

Is the NYS Crossbow Law/Bill set in stone for the next 2 years? I'm curious because I see the NYS law is the crossbow max draw weight is 200lb. but Pennsylvania has no max. So I plan on buying a 200lb. crossbow, but if they change the draw weight to no max, id go with a 225lb. or what if they lessen the max, and now my crossbow is illegal?

I love how the losers are now trying to change their tune so that the loss seems to be less of a big deal.

Oh, and crossbow proponents (any that I know of), want full inclusion, and have from the beginning. The foot is in the door, get ready for it to be opened the rest of the way.  ;)

LOL.

I love how you call opponents losers, then reveal you wanted full inclusion.

News flash....you didn't get full inclusion.

Losers.

LOL.

I love how you call opponents losers, then reveal you wanted full inclusion.

News flash....you didn't get full inclusion.

Losers.

Im not calling the opponents losers per say, I am saying that NYB lost its fight to keep crossbows out of NY, therefore they are the losers in the situation. Looks like you need to buff up on your reading comprehension skills.

Full inclusion will come soon enough. Get ready to be a loser yet again.  ;)

Id pose that question to DEC.

The bill will expire on December 31, 2012, unless the Legislature and Governor decide to extend the law.

called my state legislator's office today to express my opinion to let this lapse and that he should survey his constituents - the liaison thought a survey was a good idea