send letters for crossbows in NY

he wouldn't even know if the crossbow hunter was good or bad unless he was sitting next to him and watching him.. you can't hear the shot and unless you were within viewing distance you wouldn't even know the crossbow hunter was there.. sounds kinda dangerous to me ;)

I think it should have been "She"...I think :)

he wouldn't even know if the crossbow hunter was good or bad unless he was sitting next to him and watching him.. you can't hear the shot and unless you were within viewing distance you wouldn't even know the crossbow hunter was there.. sounds kinda dangerous to me ;)

Definitely....crossbow hunters are girls.

Outlaws are outlaws, wether using crossbow,bow,gun,muzzloader,snares, ect... to lump them in with all the law abiding users of these weapons is as bad as being one yourself....

Every crossbow hunter I see during bowseason this year will be breaking the law....and I bet I see a few. >:)

he wouldn't even know if the crossbow hunter was good or bad unless he was sitting next to him and watching him.. you can't hear the shot and unless you were within viewing distance you wouldn't even know the crossbow hunter was there.. sounds kinda dangerous to me :D

Definitely....crossbow hunters are girls.

Might want to keep that one to yourself if you go out of state hunting...lol.

either that or make sure you eat your spinach.....the deliverence movie come to mind...they might love  to show you how girly they are ;) ;)

Once.

Yup......big deal.

Whats your point arrow? Let me guess, you have none.

You are smarter than that.

The point is..... who cares about the crossbow's ability to deliver a second shot if a bowhunter seldom (if ever) fires a second shot? ;)

I was giving an example of an advantage that a vertical bow has over a crossbow.

Your just going to make me use these stupid Quote boxes :;)

Everyone that gun hunts ...with the exception of the absolute worst  hunters around us...not an exaggeration....... all bow hunt....no ones  taking "MY" deer ....it's just putting more DANGEROUS ppl ...IN MY AREA  out in the woods....ppl that have done nothing but gun hunted ...and  couldn't shoot a non running deer out of a deer DRIVE if God came down  from the heavens and threatened them with lighting bolts..
I don't see how anyone hunting in your area with a crossbow would cause any safety concern for you on your property.

I love the fact that you deflect your not reading what I said the first time with little boy comments on how I post..yes sarcasm there

Second..... Shooting bolts over mountains?...Haha never said or implied that ...I said they wouldn't last in these HILLS late season...cold here

Lets get to your Quote ....The only time I've ever been shot at is on my land....more than once I've encountered idiots in orange and not in orange on my lands...more than once even during bow season  and gun ...I've heard .."Sheet" shes in her stand...or blind...which is why I'm building blinds with limousine tinted windows now....found guys on the property walking around in the dark

ALSO I've stated every time ...IN MY AREA....personally I don't give a tinkers damn what happens else where...what I want is the DEC to take care of the problem hunters we have now...and that horse I'll beat to a bloody pulp....See I know they know who's posting

I doubt they've had many CO's call a land owner..." the land Gustopol" when they've been called out to...1.) A person nearly shot out of a ladder stand

2.) 15 min before season opened

3.) Refused to even go investigate because and I quote " You know they're just going to lie any ways."

You have your axes to grind ...I have mine ;)

And I would be willing to bet if you brought a camera with you and got photo evidence of these trespassers the ECO's wouldn't be able to turn a blind eye on them....there job could depend on it. You have a right to hunt on your posted property without those worries and if they won't prosecute...they should go.

When some one is shooting at me from behind my tree...I'm not going to poke my head around the tree to see who's doing the shooting ..when I have slugs whistling past my ear...I have had my cameras with me and video as well...that has helped with the one crew...but when they are on their land shooting into mine it makes it difficult...considering they run and as I was told if I were to cross their line to catch them...I'D be arrested for trespassing...I had pics of neighbors dogs running deer past my stand...they said my pics weren't clear enough ...so they just went down and gave a warning...though I'll admit...having blinds they can't see into...that helped this year...they never know when I'm there or which one I'm in...I now have plot watchers and 6 IR's plus my older cameras out...high & cable locked

I have never had any of these problems so i really can't even relate... I'm not sure how a person could continue to hunt or own a property that has that much trouble going on.

If I am reading this right , I believe that you are implying that Growalot shouldn't be hunting the property because people are making it dangerous for her ...... ???  . Am I reading you right ? She should give up what she has because some a-holes don't follow the law ? That's BS !!!

Some of the DEC guys hunt . If I was Growalot I think I would try to intice one or more of them to hunt my property and possibly catch some of these violators ! alt=my sidehttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/2cents.gif[/img]

I interpreted it as ...... If you have a great place to hunt and your neighbors are making life miserable for you by breaking the law and Law Enforcement doesn't enforce the laws , you should give up and move away . I'm not sugar coating anything .

Put it in a different perspective . You have the house of your dreams .You have neighbors making all kinds of noise all day long and often at night . They let their recycled papers that are left out blow into your lawn making a mess . They walk through your yard as they please because it's a shortcut . If you complain , they may key your car .The cops don't do anything about it as they might be friends with the offenders . Do you move out or fight for your rights ???

Well then, that wouldnt be my dream house lol.

Personally, I woulndt put up with all of that nonsense, not worth my time or frustration. I would simply have given some police officers and/or Encon officers permission to hunt my land a long time ago. If that didnt solve the problem, Id find another piece of property.

Wow growalot you have a bit of a problem there... i would get a dec or local or state officer to hunt there and get some arrests/fines imposed.. Had a few problems with tresspassers when i first bought my place in 93-95 a few  warnings given plus a few reward signs posted seems to have solved the problem. Of course the reward signs are for the conviction of anyone poaching turkeys(free from my local chapter of the nwtf) but no one ever reads the fine print.. the large reward for information on poachers is all they can read from 10 feet away and that seems to work ;)  Wish you the best of luck with your struggle!!

I took a different approach...we started out with 91/2 acres....the problems were beyond impossible....so I confronted the group next door that had 12acres and 7 vehicles show up on opening day...they got nasty...so I let them know if they couldn't stop the crap...I'd buy all the land around them...well I started buying...and when they went out and in the dark crossed on to us...... I was sitting in the dark and in a loud voice said you'll be arrested before 7 am...I then went to work...there was a 4 sale sign up when I got home from work...the new owner...is a sweet heart....the others...well I bought their family farm...then the land behind us...All were warned ...leave me alone and I'll be glad to do the same...We now have 73 acres..the farm land I bought ..well I told him too stop the crap or I'd put up a high fence and water features and the deer will gladly go to my neighbors and our land across the street...He must have pickled his brain in the beer he drinks...for over the years I've been collecting...(pic).materials and making watering holes...posts go in this spring...See I'm Irish and no one drives me off...and when you have DEC officers willing to refer to you as the "land  Gustopol" why would I want them on my land?...I do have some good nieghbors now...but they saw that I'm a firm believer in Money talks...BS walks....I've worked too hard and got things just the way I want them, to let as Fasteddie correctly described .... A$$holes to ruin it...I pay 300 a month in taxes here and 300 a month at camp...Those taxes should be enough to entice law officals to do their jobs not using my land for free....also some of the problem is....some of these guys are local volunteer firemen....and use that  as a license to do what ever they wish...which is sad because..... I being terrified of fire.... have a great deal of respect for volunteer firemen....So no I won't stop what I love ..if they want more land to roam...LET THEM LEAVE

Excuse me...I own73 acres at home and 68 + and 50 next door to hunt at camp...Everyone that gun hunts ...with the exception of the absolute worst hunters around us...not an exaggeration....... all bow hunt....no ones taking "MY" deer ....it's just putting more DANGEROUS ppl ...IN MY AREA out in the woods....ppl that have done nothing but gun hunted ...and couldn't shoot a non running deer out of a deer DRIVE if God came down from the heavens and threatened them with lighting bolts...ppl that couldn't hit the woods without a cancer stick in their face or know ANYTHING about deer hunting....and don't any of you dare tell me you don't know these same types ....for I'd call you a lair to your face!

so why don't you give us all a list of what makes the perfect hunter, we all wanna be our damn best, just like you...oh and listing your land holdings at the very beginning of your sentance like your stating your rank or something isnt impressing anyone.

When some one is shooting at me from behind my tree...I'm not going to poke my head around the tree to see who's doing the shooting ..when I have slugs whistling past my ear...I have had my cameras with me and video as well...that has helped with the one crew...but when they are on their land shooting into mine it makes it difficult...considering they run and as I was told if I were to cross their line to catch them...I'D be arrested for trespassing...I had pics of neighbors dogs running deer past my stand...they said my pics weren't clear enough ...so they just went down and gave a warning...though I'll admit...having blinds they can't see into...that helped this year...they never know when I'm there or which one I'm in...I now have plot watchers and 6 IR's plus my older cameras out...high & cable locked

man you live in a dream world don't ya? ???

I took a different approach...we started out with 91/2 acres....the problems were beyond impossible....so I confronted the group next door that had 12acres and 7 vehicles show up on opening day...they got nasty...so I let them know if they couldn't stop the crap...I'd buy all the land around them...well I started buying...and when they went out and in the dark crossed on to us...... I was sitting in the dark and in a loud voice said you'll be arrested before 7 am...I then went to work...there was a 4 sale sign up when I got home from work...the new owner...is a sweet heart....the others...well I bought their family farm...then the land behind us...All were warned ...leave me alone and I'll be glad to do the same...We now have 73 acres..the farm land I bought ..well I told him too stop the crap or I'd put up a high fence and water features and the deer will gladly go to my neighbors and our land across the street...He must have pickled his brain in the beer he drinks...for over the years I've been collecting...(pic).materials and making watering holes...posts go in this spring...See I'm Irish and no one drives me off...and when you have DEC officers willing to refer to you as the "land  Gustopol" why would I want them on my land?...I do have some good nieghbors now...but they saw that I'm a firm believer in Money talks...BS walks....I've worked too hard and got things just the way I want them, to let as Fasteddie correctly described .... A$$holes to ruin it...I pay 300 a month in taxes here and 300 a month at camp...Those taxes should be enough to entice law officals to do their jobs not using my land for free....also some of the problem is....some of these guys are local volunteer firemen....and use that  as a license to do what ever they wish...which is sad because..... I being terrified of fire.... have a great deal of respect for volunteer firemen....So no I won't stop what I love ..if they want more land to roam...LET THEM LEAVE

this is some of the stupidist crap i have ever read on this site, this guy is a delusional dreamer. think you should change your name to diahria of the mouth alot.