send letters for crossbows in NY

I'm not a member and I'll tell you straight up...he sounds like another gun hunter that wants what he thinks...... will be another easy buck tag....not someone that is interested in experiencing  the work and huntsman ship it takes to be a bow hunter...Oh and this is just for you WNYbowhunter

..................  ........................  ................................ ::)

If he doesnt have the huntsmanship, he wont last very long and will have a nice used crossbow for sale in a couple of years.  :)

and to be honest he could have and archery/ml tag and fill both with the ml and never pick up a bow/crossbow

I've taken 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shots at group of doe and buck, a bow is quiet a crossbow is not, and a bow can be drawn quiet and quick a crossbow....not so much.  Growsalot...ok so your not worried about someone getting a deer but you don't want more hunters in the woods,or a least of a type you percieve would take up crossbow. And i guess you'll have to call me a liar i honestly don't know any of the type your complaining about not that i don't believe that they exist, i just think they would drop the sport very quickly and there would be lots of used xbows for sale.

Excuse me...I own73 acres at home and 68 + and 50 next door to hunt at camp...Everyone that gun hunts ...with the exception of the absolute worst hunters around us...not an exaggeration....... all bow hunt....no ones taking "MY" deer ....it's just putting more DANGEROUS ppl ...IN MY AREA out in the woods....ppl that have done nothing but gun hunted ...and couldn't shoot a non running deer out of a deer DRIVE if God came down from the heavens and threatened them with lighting bolts...ppl that couldn't hit the woods without a cancer stick in their face or know ANYTHING about deer hunting....and don't any of you dare tell me you don't know these same types ....for I'd call you a lair to your face!

iff all the people near you gun and bow hunt how would it put more people in the woods near you?...and if they are that poor of a shot with a gun and that dangerous with a gun it couldn't be any worse with a crossbow? I must not be understanding what you tried to say.

Excuse me...I own73 acres at home and 68 + and 50 next door to hunt at camp...Everyone that gun hunts ...with the exception of the absolute worst hunters around us...not an exaggeration....... all bow hunt....no ones taking "MY" deer ....it's just putting more DANGEROUS ppl ...IN MY AREA out in the woods....ppl that have done nothing but gun hunted ...and couldn't shoot a non running deer out of a deer DRIVE if God came down from the heavens and threatened them with lighting bolts...ppl that couldn't hit the woods without a cancer stick in their face or know ANYTHING about deer hunting....and don't any of you dare tell me you don't know these same types ....for I'd call you a lair to your face!

I have heard a lot of people here that talk about how other guys hunt and say those fellas know nothing about deer hunting... frankly the way you and arrow talk about other hunters make me think you know very little about deerhunting as well... And just for the record I have snuck up on and killed bucks that you would drool over while sporting a huge cigar so I'm not sure what smoking has to do with anything... bowhunters are no better hunters than anyone else.. they just hunt with a different weapon is all.

And just for the record I have snuck up on and killed bucks that you would drool over while sporting a huge cigar so I'm not sure what smoking has to do with anything... bowhunters are no better hunters than anyone else.. they just hunt with a different weapon is all.

I know that I am impressed. ::)

Once.

Yup......big deal.

I shot 4 times at a buck the first year I got my Bowtech. Whole new set up....20 yards and shot all 4 of my arrows in my quiver at him. You talk about practice being engrained in your head until it is second nature....well that cost me a good buck. See the new sights had a bigger diameter red pin at the top and I set it at 20 yards.....the 40 yard pin was green......some of you probably guessed it...my old set up had a green 20 yard pin and I shot 4 arrows over his back and into the bank on the other side of the creek. I really don't think I could have done that with a crossbow because of the noise...but I probably would have had a crosshair and it wouldn't have been an issue :) ...I kept moving slow and knocking a new arrow and got more frustrated each shot. I was dead on practiced out to 45 yards and could figure what I was doing wrong. I go thome and threw all 4 arrows dead on bullseye into the target at 20 and then it dawned on me like a falling anvil.

Once.

Yup......big deal.

I shot 4 times at a buck the first year I got my Bowtech. Whole new set up....20 yards and shot all 4 of my arrows in my quiver at him. You talk about practice being engrained in your head until it is second nature....well that cost me a good buck. See the new sights had a bigger diameter red pin at the top and I set it at 20 yards.....the 40 yard pin was green......some of you probably guessed it...my old set up had a green 20 yard pin and I shot 4 arrows over his back and into the bank on the other side of the creek. I really don't think I could have done that with a crossbow because of the noise...but I probably would have had a crosshair and it wouldn't have been an issue ;) ...I kept moving slow and knocking a new arrow and got more frustrated each shot. I was dead on practiced out to 45 yards and could figure what I was doing wrong. I go thome and threw all 4 arrows dead on bullseye into the target at 20 and then it dawned on me like a falling anvil.

You should probably get a crossbow. ::)

Culvercreek...please must I repeat this AGAIN...please go back and re-read...or at the very least read before you respond

G-man...I can only hope that would happen...and if You HONESTLY don't have first hand experience with these types GOD bless ya...because they make gun hunting absolutely miserable for all around them

and as for the archery muzzle loader thing...theses same guys can handle may be a day or two tops late season in these hills ...so that's not as big an Ace ache as having them out in the fall

Arrow,

so I clearly understand you....you are saying that a bow hunter is a better hunnter than a gun hunter because of the implement they use

I guess I should have puncuated it with a ?...lol

Ahhhh....thanks for clarifying.

A bow hunter is definitely a better hunter....in bow season.  Gun hunters kick ass....in gun season. :)

Culvercreek...please must I repeat this AGAIN...please go back and re-read...or at the very least read before you respond

I read...re-read and read again. reading your posts is like tearing every other page out of a novel and trying to understand it.. you think the woods near you is crawling with hunters that are dangerous with their guns and can't hit crap...so again...how would this change if they had crossbows....if they are that bad you stand a heck of a lot better chance getting hit from a bullet. Do you think a bolt is going to go flying over the mountain? I don't see how anyone hunting in your area with a crossbow would cause any safety concern for you on your property. If you were hunting state land mixed with all these "dangerous people" I could understand your concern

he wouldn't even know if the crossbow hunter was good or bad unless he was sitting next to him and watching him.. you can't hear the shot and unless you were within viewing distance you wouldn't even know the crossbow hunter was there.. sounds kinda dangerous to me :)