send letters for crossbows in NY

I'm not a member and I'll tell you straight up...he sounds like another gun hunter that wants what he thinks...... will be another easy buck tag....not someone that is interested in experiencing  the work and huntsman ship it takes to be a bow hunter...Oh and this is just for you WNYbowhunter

..................  ........................  ................................ ::D

Whats that annoying noise I hear? Oh yeah, its the sound of an NYB member trying hopelessly to spread their elitist views to yet another sportsmen that is interested in archery hunting with the bow of their choice!

;D ;D ;D ;D

"elitist?"

That is name calling. Someone should report you to a moderator. >:D

Wait......never mind.

You still have to get in range with a crossbow, and practice. I still feel those against them are worried about more hunters in the woods getting their deer, can't say i really understand all the uproar over them. I already own a bow so unless they have a seperate season for them i can't see buying a crossbow even if they include it in the early archery season. All i do see is it allowing more people to enjoy the better weather and warmer temps that bow season enjoys now. Having another hunter in the woods by me won't ruin my hunting experiance, and for those that think a crossbow is going to be just like a gun i'm sure there will be lots of people eager to but your top of the line used equipment after you find out it takes woodsmanship over everything else to get game consistantly!

I still feel those against them are worried about more hunters in the woods getting their deer

I still feel that anyone who supports crossbows is too lazy to learn to learn how to bowhunt.

Yeah because learning how to bowhunt is so much better than learning how to hunt with a crossbow... ::)

I still feel those against them are worried about more hunters in the woods getting their deer

I still feel that anyone who supports crossbows is too lazy to learn to learn how to bowhunt.

Yeah because learning how to bowhunt is so much better than learning how to hunt with a crossbow... ::)

Yup.

Then you are a bowhunter. ;D

Yup.

And that is different than just a hunter how??

So let me get this straight out of your purely emotional reply......since I support the inclusion of crossbow in archery season for others but do not intend on using one....that makes me to lazy?

So let me get this straight out of your purely emotional reply......since I support the inclusion of crossbow in archery season for others but do not intend on using one....that makes me to lazy?

Sympathetic to the lazy dudes, anyway. :)

Yup.

And that is different than just a hunter how??

Bet you can figure it out, Einstein, since you have all the answers. :)

ok with the exception of arrowflinger,whom i know believes in the art of drawing a bow and believes bow season is for that and that alone... I believe as i have not read anything on here that most(arrowflinger excepted) are just more worried about someone getting their deer!!

Whats that annoying noise I hear? Oh yeah, its the sound of an NYB member trying hopelessly to spread their elitist views to yet another sportsmen that is interested in archery hunting with the bow of their choice!

;D ;D ;D ;D

"elitist?"

That is name calling. Someone should report you to a moderator. >:)

Wait......never mind.

Awwwww, you can dish it out but cant take it?

BTW, I said elitist views, not youre an elitist. Keep it in context my friend, keep it in context.

You still have to learn the basics of bowhunting, like getting close, playing the wind, waiting for the right shot, etc etc. You still have to deal with very limited range, proper shooting lanes, etc etc.

Just because you dont have to draw and hold the bow right before the shot isnt that big of a deal. Having no possible ability to take a second shot is a disadvantage. Bottom line is they are both pretty equal when you consider the upsides vs the downsides of each. You guys just refuse to look at all sides of it.

I'm not a member and I'll tell you straight up...he sounds like another gun hunter that wants what he thinks...... will be another easy buck tag....not someone that is interested in experiencing  the work and huntsman ship it takes to be a bow hunter...Oh and this is just for you WNYbowhunter

..................  ........................  ................................ ::)

If he doesnt have the huntsmanship, he wont last very long and will have a nice used crossbow for sale in a couple of years.  :)

You still have to learn the basics of bowhunting, like getting close, playing the wind, waiting for the right shot, etc etc. You still have to deal with very limited range, proper shooting lanes, etc etc.

Just because you dont have to draw and hold the bow right before the shot isnt that big of a deal. Having no possible ability to take a second shot is a disadvantage. Bottom line is they are both pretty equal when you consider the upsides vs the downsides of each. You guys just refuse to look at all sides of it.

How many times have you taken a second shot?

LMAO

Excuse me...I own73 acres at home and 68 + and 50 next door to hunt at camp...Everyone that gun hunts ...with the exception of the absolute worst hunters around us...not an exaggeration....... all bow hunt....no ones taking "MY" deer ....it's just putting more DANGEROUS ppl ...IN MY AREA out in the woods....ppl that have done nothing but gun hunted ...and couldn't shoot a non running deer out of a deer DRIVE if God came down from the heavens and threatened them with lighting bolts...ppl that couldn't hit the woods without a cancer stick in their face or know ANYTHING about deer hunting....and don't any of you dare tell me you don't know these same types ....for I'd call you a lair to your face!

How many times have you taken a second shot?

LMAO

Once. I shot at a doe, had the arrow nick a tiny branch and deflect a few feet over her back. She jumped ahead a few feet, then slowly fed back into the lane. I was able to take a second shot at her. I have heard many times of guys that have done it before also, some of them are members here.