Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

It's just a matter of time before the big boys start showing up. I have a spot that is mostly all does with a mix of scrub bucks. The big boys don't start showing up until around October 20th plus or minus a few days. It's been like that for 3 years now at this spot. Had my first decent 8 with nice mass show up a few days ago. Was at night but I'd say with in the next week this spot is going to pick up. I have not hunted it yet this year, just letting it sit but I do slip in and out to pull my card. Been doing it for about a month and half and the first nice buck just showed up. Can wait to see what else comes through. I et a ton of Doe on cam so I know the big boys know where to find them and they are already checking up on the does.

Put some meat in the freezer last night. Had a what I thought was a doe stroll in just before dark, watched her for about 5 minutes. Wind was at my face all watch long but then began to swirl around, so I took the shot. After the smoke cleared watched the deer run off all hunched down then saw it drop about 30 yards away. As I was reloading my muzzleloader, another doe was walking through an opening about 10 yards beyond where I had shot the other one. She was about the same size as the first, but of course I let her walk. Gave the deer a few minutes and then got down to retreive it. Turned out to be a button buck around 100lbs. Made a good shot - took the top of the heart right off. Now I can focus on the bucks.

Got in my stand at 630 am saw a doe at 645. Was hoping to see the 6 pt I passed up last weekend. But at 715 I heard a large thud and screeching tires. I knew something big had been hit. At 1130 I got out of my stand yo go home and right across the strretr from where I was parked layed a dead deer. When I went and checked it was the 6 point I was hoping to harvest this year. Dammit!

Got in my stand at 630 am saw a doe at 645. Was hoping to see the 6 pt I passed up last weekend. But at 715 I heard a large thud and screeching tires. I knew something big had been hit. At 1130 I got out of my stand yo go home and right across the strretr from where I was parked layed a dead deer. When I went and checked it was the 6 point I was hoping to harvest this year. Dammit!

You can still harvest it. Call DEC and they should have no problem issuing you a tag for it.

headed out in the a.m. . ... supposed to be a beautiful morning in genessee county... rain up until 5 and windy, around 6 temps in the mid 40's, wind at 8 mph ESE, and rain gone, supposed to carry on into mid morning,, gonna hit the tree where i almost stuck a decent buck tuesday evening... bunch a doe's around too, im prayin 10 hrs from now i'll be takin pics! good luck all....