Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Had a nice bodied yearling buck (spike or little y) meandering within 50 yards for the better part of the last hour...drew on him @40 but never got closer. He's in the old orchard behind me now.

BGF I know you like it primitive, but fred flintstone brakes is too much!

Edited by 7J Everyday

Another beautiful morning..........but I stayed in. I cleaned my boiler yesterday (have to finish today) and the soot raised heck with my nose and lungs. And after last night on stand, I figure I have to reposition my stand, because another buck walked down the same trail and was looking right at me. The way the stand is currently, it is perfect (and always has been) for gun season, but for bow it does not provide the right angle. It was a nice wide four pointer and there was just no way to get a good shot on him.

Good luck to you guys on stand now.

post-1161-1350842943962_thumb.jpg

In a super tight spot. Close to where I think a buck has been bedding. Hopefully wind backs off so I can hear them coming. Bit warm. I have an itchy trigger finger today, it's brown it's down. Well just as I wrote that fawn walked under me. I'm in a good spot. Gotta go

Saw my #2 tonight as I was walking out across the creek, 10 yds away. I saw him through some scrub brush and after time. He spooked and stopped a few yards up the hill, hopefully he will be back. He is bigger than I thought. Real nice 8 but number one is a 10.

Hey my Fellow Archery Fanatics!!!

I just joined after reading all the daily transactions by all of you. Great site and now I'm here. I went down opening weekend, my Brother and I. We saw about 4-6 doe each but were unable to get shots. I haven't been out the last two weeks but we have planned a trip down from Nov.6th-12th. We will be hunting hard, I'm bringing decoy and about 10 buck bomb's - Doe n' Estrous and Buck.

Hopefully, we have timed the rut correctly, according to Mr. Charlie Alsheimer we should see some good action.

Once again, thanks all and I will keep everyone posted. Looking forward to posting some nice deer as well as reading about yours. Good Luck All and be Safe!!!

Mike.