Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

it rained steady from predawn until...well still sprinkling...found a truck parrked in front of property so I went in from the up hill side...never saw any one but kicked up a buck...then two groups of doe...hhhmmm...not a minute after the one group ran off I heard a single shot gun blast from the direction they ran......yes I know it's turkey season....did not see any...nor hear any....hhmmm...

need to call neighbor and see if she had some one hunting...they weren't home when I stopped...have all details and plate number in case

Tomorrow I am back in the stand wife and I are doing a am sit then hopefully hanging one in the cooler then the pm stand will have the wife shotting myself looking though a lense and the grandbaby as look out chances are the young one will have them all spooked but she has to get started and at almost 3 years old its time lol she loves being with popeee and grandmeee good luck to all

Should be sitting in my stand right now instead I got suckered In to covering for someone at work... I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone when the boss called especially in front of my wife who would kill me on passing up the extra hours... And to top if off I have seen 3 does 2 little guys and 1 decent buck all on the lawn outside work... Bow is in my truck hmmmmmm, just kidding

Finally no clouds...no wind...no rain..ironing done...showering and hitting a stand....Observation mode unless that big boy..if there's one around comes strolling in..... I mean there is absolutely NO doubt in the shot...so 15 yrds, standing perfectly still, broad side, left side to me, and head looking away or down feeding..

So no plans on a shot tonight!...... but will see some travel...hopefully...lol...good Luck

Finally no clouds...no wind...no rain..ironing done...showering and hitting a stand....Observation mode unless that big boy..if there's one around comes strolling in..... I mean there is absolutely NO doubt in the shot...so 15 yrds, standing perfectly still, broad side, left side to me, and head looking away or down feeding..

So no plans on a shot tonight!...... but will see some travel...hopefully...lol...good Luck

What about a beautiful 53lb coyote broadside at 14yards?

Afternoon sit on state land in 8N wet and QUIET out here, 2nd time in this stand, no luck yet. Looks like they are still hittin the acorns to my left and crossing the creek to my right. We'll see... My girlfriend jumped 2 on the way to her spot. They had been bedded down. 55 degrees and overcast, wind calm.

A lot of deer out in the fields as I finish up my work day, just counted 18 in one field and saw a fawn still nursing momma. A rush to the stand now, keep you guys posted. Pressure is 30.13 and dropping here, so hopefully some more action when I get in the stand.

Well with about 15 min of legal shooting left a buck snuck up on me and busted me before I really knew what happened, caught a glimpse of his right side, looked like a small 6 or 8 if he matched up on the other side, not a shooter today anyway. I'll be staying out of that stand for a while.

It was a beautiful morning and I just got back...did a bad bad thing this a.m....about 9:30 sitting in shooting house...due to wind...Had to go!...Too much water...so took care of business and I crawl out on to the deck ...so as not to get caught...reach over blind material and empty container...There's a rush of noise running away then stops...I... still on hands and knees brace for what I thought would be skunk...no...I peek over blind and there 12yrds away are a buck and doe fawn...he has 4 in spikes and is sniffing like crazy...

she on the other hand is violently shaking her head ...with my urine spraying of her ears....OOOPPPPssss...Lord what are the chances...she starts the one foot stomp and turning where she stands...trying to figure out what just happened.... ears rotating every which way...I back up into the shooting house and try to get cam but she decides to trot away up through the woods buck in tow...I think I popped a vein trying not to laugh out loud...They surely creeped in on me...The wind had the leafs very noisy this morning...lol

• Like 1