Kids, Who's Taking One?

Lawdwaz

O.K., who will admit (grin) to taking one of their children or somebody elses on the Youth Deer Hunt?

Maybe next year I'll take my daughter. The notification came to late and I don't think she is too thrilled about it. Maybe its the cigars?

If not, I have my eye's on a neighbor kid for two years from now........(grin)

I will only go if the temperature is just right.

I can't even find a youth to Pheasant hunt with this weekend, just don't know any kids that are the right age.

Doe and I had a conversation via PM, and he wondered if I could pass for a youth..Well, I'm short enough for sure, and I could shave real close to get rid of my white whiskers and use a little "Just For Men" to touch up my gray sidewalls,, and keep my hat on to camoflage my bald spot, but I am a little worried that my "turkey neck" might give me away...<<sigh>>..

I LOVE shootin' pheasants, too....

I have kids I know that are too old and too young. I am taking my daughter boyfriend deer hunting for the first ime this year. I had him out small game hunting last year and have been shooting with him. He is pumped for deer hunting but since he is 17 for his first year the youth hunt is off limits.

Have been thinking about starting a rental agency where you can rent a 14-15 yo to get out in the woods earlier and take the buck you watched all summer before the other guys get it. How many kids do you think I could rent out for the wekend?...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

My son is 14, primed and ready to go. Looking forward to being out there with him. Dont even care if he shoots a deer, I just feel fortunate to have the opportunity to hunt and pass along a tradition my dad started with me when I was young.

Additionally, I still enjoy hunting w/ my dad, even though he does not go out as often as he used to since he is approaching 79 in October he's slowed down a few steps, but can still shoot w/ the best of them.

• Like 1

Doe and I had a conversation via PM, and he wondered if I could pass for a youth..Well, I'm short enough for sure, and I could shave real close to get rid of my white whiskers and use a little "Just For Men" to touch up my gray sidewalls,, and keep my hat on to camoflage my bald spot, but I am a little worried that my "turkey neck" might give me away...<<sigh>>..

I LOVE shootin' pheasants, too....

Maybe we can hide that neck with some Duct tape or some type of neck warmer. I'm sure I can butter you up enough to squeeze you into my son's bird vest, that way if any one ask's we can say "He is wearing a youth sized vest ofcourse he is a youth!"

• Like 1

i would like to know who voted for this youth hunt? i understand that kids need to get involved but kinda crazy having a 3 day rifle season the first weekend of the southern zone. i enjoyed the fact that there was no guns in the woods shooting all the big bucks that are well out of archery range and not pressured. on another note the deer should be moving !! took my son out sunday afternoon hes 3 and ready to go!! sat in the ground blind for 2 hours and just before dark we had a 3 does and a 5 pointer walk 10 yards from the blind. it was awesome we was like " DADDY THAT WAS A MONSTER BUCK!!

• Like 1

Maybe we can hide that neck with some Duct tape or some type of neck warmer. I'm sure I can butter you up enough to squeeze you into my son's bird vest, that way if any one ask's we can say "He is wearing a youth sized vest ofcourse he is a youth!"

HMMMM..Butter me up enough to squeeze into a little vest..??..

My oh MY, you are a sweet talker, Doe..

Do I even need to bring my SHOTGUN..??...

My Daughter is all pumped up and ready to go. She would have been out with me the first week any how. Now we will have that weekend to our selves. Really looking forward to it. Got a good spot picked out for her and just finished up a nice blind. Getting her first deer will be a nice bonus but thats not the important part.

Good luck to everyone that makes it out.