Hello All! New to the Forum

devildog9999

Hello Everyone,

I am located in Niagara County but hunt all over much of western NY and into the Southern tier. I am in my low 40's and been hunting pretty much anything and everything since I was 12. Look forward to reading through the forum and getting to know the place.

I will be hunting this year primarily in 9A and 9F with Shotgun, and a few "Camp" weekends down southern tier with Rifle. Also this year will be the 1st actual hunting season for my son who will be accompanying me in the Shotgun areas so wish him luck!

See you all around!

DD

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcomes.

Just brought my son home with his new 870 Express Combo. He is Psyched! Off to the Lasalle Sportsman's Club tomorrow to get it dialed in on iron sights. He asked for a scope - and I told him no way! Master the weapon 1st, and in a couple years we will consider it. :) I believe that he should master the basics with a new firearm 1st - then look for an optics package. He still has a lot to learn!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Im new to the site as well. I am not a hunter yet, but I am interested in getting into it next season. My uncle recently started hunting for deer a few years ago, but didnt like the taste of venison, so he gave some of it to me. I love it, but he gives most of it to my disabled cousin for his family. I also live in Brooklyn much farther away from him, I have for 10 years. I miss the Michigan wilderness of my youth and am looking to get out of the city by doing some camping and hunting in the future. I'd like to meet some folks on here to learn and hear advice. I'd also would like to buy some meat, but as I have found on the dnr website, you can't sell wild game. anybody have any suggestions for me? I had an idea to trade artwork with hunters who like to hunt but don't like the venison like my uncle. I guess bartering is also illegal. needless to say, i think id like to take a chance at getting something next season. any advice would be awesome!

thanks

mike

Hey everyone,

Im new to the site as well. I am not a hunter yet, but I am interested in getting into it next season. My uncle recently started hunting for deer a few years ago, but didnt like the taste of venison, so he gave some of it to me. I love it, but he gives most of it to my disabled cousin for his family. I also live in Brooklyn much farther away from him, I have for 10 years. I miss the Michigan wilderness of my youth and am looking to get out of the city by doing some camping and hunting in the future. I'd like to meet some folks on here to learn and hear advice. I'd also would like to buy some meat, but as I have found on the dnr website, you can't sell wild game. anybody have any suggestions for me? I had an idea to trade artwork with hunters who like to hunt but don't like the venison like my uncle. I guess bartering is also illegal. needless to say, i think id like to take a chance at getting something next season. any advice would be awesome!

thanks

mike

On the hunting thing I guess you would have to do what we all have done and thats get the hunting safety course and go from there.

Their may be a hunting course closer to you than you think. After that it's all about having the means to make it into the upstate area for some good hunting. Only about a 4 hour drive into some nice hunting areas and cheap hotel close by.

All the people that I hunt with or know that hunt including myself eat the meat and stock the freezer.

Good luck.