Milk Delivery

Doewhacker

We just started getting it delivered to the house last week and its awesome. Any one else have that luxary?

We pay more than we would at the store but at least I know where it comes from (down the road) and also the money goes straight to the dairy not the middle man. On top of all that it is the best milk ever, probally cause it is so fresh. Life in the country is good!

I recall in the early 70's when I was a kid my mother would have milk delivered to her house in glass containers and that was in the city, she had a metal box on the porch where the delivery man would place the milk. Those days atleast here in the city are long gone. That same man would aslo deliver 1 gallon glass jugs of bleach...lol. When we are upstate my father occasionally makes homemade cheese and riccotta with milk he gets from a farmer down the road. My father knows the farmer so well through the years that hes allowed to get his milk unpastuerized directly from the stainless steal vat. The cheese is unreal. Nothing like fresh milk.

Oh the good old days;

Home delivered milk,

the bread truck from the bakery would stop in the middle of each block,

door to door salesman,

leave you backdoor unlocked,

homes ruled by mom's wooden spoon or ruler,

neighborhood mom & pop grocery stores,

lawyers were few and far between and mostly for real estate and wills,

business and financial transactions sealed with a handshake,

kids went to the park 10 blocks away and played all day unsupervised,...

We've come a long ways since then, haven't we....????????

"What a long strange trip it's been."

Oh the good old days;

Home delivered milk,

the bread truck from the bakery would stop in the middle of each block,

door to door salesman,

leave you backdoor unlocked,

homes ruled by mom's wooden spoon or ruler,

neighborhood mom & pop grocery stores,

lawyers were few and far between and mostly for real estate and wills,

business and financial transactions sealed with a handshake,

kids went to the park 10 blocks away and played all day unsupervised,...

We've come a long ways since then, haven't we.... ??? ??? ??

"What a long strange trip it's been."

Its still that way where I live, well almost, minus the bread man and door to door salesman and you got it.

Biggame, I use Meadowbrook at one of my accounts in Albany, those guys are great too and they deliver all the way down to the city.

If you ever saw raw milk under a microscope you would never drink it....but mmmmmmmmmm...It is good and makes the BEST whipped cream...damn good thing it is almost lunch time..lol

Sounds like the heavy cream I get from the other dairy, it makes the best cheese sauce for mac n cheese but damn if it doesn't come out of the jug like sludge...

Man that reminds me of an old joke.... An old Irish woman wins the lottery and she has always wanted a milk bath.... So she gets one, and she is sitting in the bath as they are about to start pouring the milk in.  They ask would your like it pasteurized (Past Your Eyes) or?  She goes nah, up to me ti**ies will be fine.  :)