Should have been in this stand

UA22Plumber

So this weekend I went to my friends camp in the southern tier and Saturday evening he ended up getting his first deer with a bow, a doe. But today I went out to my stand that is behind my house and sat there all morning and then before I left I swapped out the SD card and went home disappointed seeing no deer this morning.

Then I was shocked at what I saw on the card from sunday morning... Since I was in the southern tier.

Like I told my wife, I probably would have shot the doe and never have even seen the rest of the deer pictured.

post-2621-0-26107600-1349737007_thumb.jp

post-2621-0-80062900-1349737037_thumb.jp

post-2621-0-58279500-1349737062_thumb.jp

post-2621-0-36189600-1349737084_thumb.jp

post-2621-0-78855400-1349737102_thumb.jp

post-2621-0-06791700-1349737121_thumb.jp

• Like 1

nice action, and good luck with that buck, but consider this. you in a treestand are a major variable. and you not being in that same stand is also a major variable. had you been there that morning you can't say for sure that deer activity would have been equal to when the stand was vacant.

hindsight is 20/20.... that why i always sit the day and never leave. my head always tells me i may miss something. and since the first time a very long time ago i talked my self into staying the day and saw nice deer when most guys head back to camp, i never left my post once posted again lol.

hunt that deer! hes nice :)

hindsight is 20/20.... that why i always sit the day and never leave. my head always tells me i may miss something. and since the first time a very long time ago i talked my self into staying the day and saw nice deer when most guys head back to camp, i never left my post once posted again lol.

hunt that deer! hes nice :)

Id love to sit in a stand all day but my body just wont allow for it. I swear every injury ive ever suffered that caused serious trauma seems to come alive after an hr in stand and its all i can do to sit there over 4.

Thats a dandy of a buck though good luck with him