camoflage and cover scent

DanielT

Just wondering ....aside from paying 5 dollars a pack for special gum....

.anyone have and good breath cover up ?

I would bet most of the time when we tell our stories and we are baffled they smelled us (because we have carbon and cover scent and doe pee) its your breath......how do we fix coffee breath...I know....don't drink coffee...haha

• Like 1

I use a breath scent over. I forget the name of it but I got it at gander mountain. its like a little bottle with a pump spray. I like it and believe it does work for a bit. I find I do have to reapply after a few hours. It comes in a orange bottle

This is what I use.:

Dead Down Wind Antiperspirant

DDW Laundry detergent

DDW breath spray

Scent Killer 99% colthing spray

This has always worked for me. Sometimes I put out a doe urine scent wick near me to aid in masking my scent.

Edited by apoallo

baking soda old school still works under arms crouch and rinse my mouth out in the field [idrink alot of coffee] cheap too wah your clothes

i wash my clothes in baking soda.I chew wiggleys spearment gum.They might be alarmed at a new smell but not as alarmed as your rank human stink.

Cover scents don't do anything whatsoever besides make you feel better.Deer can pick out the human smell out of alll the scents you can throw at it.Their noses are 50 times stronger than a bloodhounds.Bloodhounds can pick out any scent they are trained to out of a thousand other scents.

Some people just like to spend a lot on things you do not need,as Camo people started wearing that because it was left over from the Korean and Viet. Wars.Dont need it.Been wearing Red or Bright orange for 60 years got pleanty of deer walk right up to me.And never been shot at either.Do not use all of that stuff you see on the hunting shows So the deer do not smell you.Just use any unsented soap you can buy in any store.To kill the mouth odor,Eat apples,Good for your health and the deer like the left overs also,for lunch or snacks eat a PJ sandwitch All animals like Peanut butter.To quench your thirst take a thermos of warm apple cider,it will warm you up on the cold rainy days.And yes the deer walk around in the rain.

• Like 1

One of the best hunters I know uses NOTHING,no special soaps,sprays ect. he just hunts the wind. He has a nice wall of heads. I figure I gotta wash myself and my clothes might as well use unscented stuff.

As for the mouth, again the deer can pick out each smell you can't "cover it". That said

I won't ever leave my Atomic Fireballs at home !! They last 20-30 minutes each, which helps alieve the bordom, they work better then any cough drop that last 3 minutes.I've also killed my best bucks while sucking on one.

I think if they put them in camo wrappers and sold them at Dicks they could get $5 a piece from hunters....

• Like 1

Larry's Hot Balls ! Guess its better then blue....

We'll see if they work this afternoon, I try not to over use them one per sit .

Just pop it in as the wind dies down and the sun starts to set, and it works like magic ! lol

• Like 1