Bear this past weekend

Culvercreek hunt club

Well I was up north for the Deer regular season opener. We knew there had been a ton of bear sign from the previous weekend of Muzzle loading. It was a very quite Saturday opener. not much shooting around the area. we set up a drive for the one big swamp one the property that is adjacent to a corn field on the next property. My cousin and I were drivers. Well I saw this fella running around the outside of the drive about 20% through the drive. I had no idea they could run that fast...not quite as fast as the handloads for my -06 (first ime I was able to try them on game).

well if they are right about the % to add to get live weight, the live weight would have been around 240-250 young male. Not a monster and not much meat off a bear either but It has been 100% corn fed based on the large crop circles in the middle of the corn field.

I am giving the hide to a taxidermist I use, Hope to get a discount on the next deer mount. (no way the wife would go for another bear mount and I have a Daughter that is headed to college...LOL)

post-152-0-29384100-1351003273_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome bear, congrats. Is the other guy "that ugly"?lol

What about a shoulder mount?

I have a 1/2 body bear mount on the wall...and a bear rug. I think I would be pushing it...lol The person in the photo with me is my daughter boyfriend. His first year big game hunting. He thought it was very cool seeing a bear up close and personal.I don't like posting pics of a minor not my kid...lol.

I think he was a bit nervous when I was explaining we could see a bear up here. made the early morning walk in a bit exciting for him.

• 4 weeks later...