Got One! My biggest so far...

sampotter

With a truck that is! I posted a pic in the bow hunter harvest thread. I hunted all day yesterday and only saw 2 yearling bucks and a bunch of does and fawns. On my way home I intercepted this guy with my bumper! Not exactly the way I would have preferred it to go down. Not very much damage to the truck- just plastic stuff. 130ish 3yr old 8 point with split brows on both sides.

post-50-0-58971800-1351806508_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-06146200-1351806520_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-07518400-1351806529_thumb.jpg

No shame if the deer was harvested and put to good use. It's the ones left on the side of the roads that is a shame.

that's not what i meant. it would have been nice to take that with a bow or gun and put it on your wall. that's what i meant. not to mention the collision repair bill he has now

that's not what i meant. it would have been nice to take that with a bow or gun and put it on your wall. that's what i meant. not to mention the collision repair bill he has now

Nothing wrong with hanging that deer if he so wishes to. Only the hind quarter was damaged. As for the truck repair, looks to me only a new grill is needed.

In my opinion, he's very lucky to sustain so little damage, and manage to kill the deer and take it home. Again, don't see any shame in that. more of these pictures should be shared.

whats the protocol when wanted to take the deer to process after the police report ? does the officer usually just give you the go ahead ?

Mac, any deer that is to be taken or harvested must have a tag. Your local DEC or in this case, the sherif can issue you a tag to properly possess the deer. If you just hit and took it, you would be in violation of a crime.

I'm sure he would have liked to arrow it...with another year of age on him. He's not shooting a 3.5 in most cases, I suspect.