Disturbing image

Guns&ReligionCop

there are bad shots (we've all had them and they're not intentional) and there are bad decisions. the 2 are different. an animal walking away or towards you both represent very poor chances of success and a high probability of injuring an animal. It seems that i see these even more with big deer. Guy sees the rack and cant imagine not at least "trying" to kill him. Then we find him later all messed up on a trail cam. very sad.

I would also argue a bow hunter who does not practice enough to make a good shot even at 15 yards broadside is doing the deer an injustice as well. You're more likely to wound or gut shot the deer due to your lack in preperation. This ain't gun hunting. There's a lot more to it, which is why genearlly any bow kill regardless of gender or rack size is a good one.

Edited by Belo

Wah wah Wah.... Always with the same jabs. Give it up. If you don like what you read, leave. Otherwise understand this is an open forum with an ungodly amount of opinons. You said it yourself everyone is entitled to their opinions and don't be a jerk about it. Take your own advise.

dam geno are you bleeding today if this forum is for everyones opinion why must you start with me if you read i agree with you with the bad shot,there are no jabs at anyone i thought being a moderator you werent supposed to be a jerk.i was not talking about you but if the shoe fits you would probably where it well.

Wah wah Wah.... Always with the same jabs. Give it up. If you don like what you read, leave. Otherwise understand this is an open forum with an ungodly amount of opinons. You said it yourself everyone is entitled to their opinions and don't be a jerk about it. Take your own advise.

dam geno are you bleeding today if this forum is for everyones opinion why must you start with me if you read i agree with you with the bad shot,there are no jabs at anyone i thought being a moderator you werent supposed to be a jerk.i was not talking about you but if the shoe fits you would probably where it well.

PM sent..

geno, dont get offended, bubba, my apologies again, but i never shoulda mentioned the kotex thing. look what i have done......

Good taste? No... I would not have taken the photo or posted the photo with the arrow protruding in the manner. But I don't not see it as disrespectful. It happened, whether it was a bad shot or bad luck or an ill-adviced shot or what other opinion has been previously discussed. Others have learned from this experience which is valuable. It was not a staged shot meant to "disrespect" wildlife. I'm just glad he didn't hang it by the neck to boot.

Because I like my deer photographed more "cleaned up" - wipe the blood, retuck the tongue etc...since my pics are shared with friends and family who are not hunter and/or my young kids who I want to more gently introduce the mortality of the game.

Sounds like respect to me. Good job, I had a feeling you'd come around.

Have a good night.

Terrible shot. He is lucky that he got enough penetration to hit the neck. This is NOT a good shot in my book nor should it be in anyone's. Yes I can see its a dead deer and meat in the freezer, but I don't see how anyone could want to take a chance in wounding or losing a deer due to impatience. He may not have paid $100 bucks for a licence to watch them walk, but a good and a responsible hunter would walk out of the woods not thinking of the $100 bucks he spent, but about the nice buck he saw and the next hunt!

• Like 1

So I ended my PA bow season friday by watching the biggest buck of my life walk past only presenting a 30 yard quartering towards me shot which I passed hoping he would turn and come in boradside and he never did. Yes it tasted like a $h!t sandwich but would have felt a lot worse had I wounded him. At least I have a chance come rifle season.

• Like 1

Because I like my deer photographed more "cleaned up" - wipe the blood, retuck the tongue etc...since my pics are shared with friends and family who are not hunter and/or my young kids who I want to more gently introduce the mortality of the game.

i do the same. Most of mine are post field dressing and i'm always sure to brush the deer, put some leaves over the stomach, wipe the blood from the horns and other areas and I redress in my camo. It's respectful and I share my photos here and on othersites. We as hunters face enough criticizim from the non-hunters/anti-hunters that we dont need anything to help their cause. I can just see that arrow shot posted on a PETA website now. I know it's not the same, but as humans we clean and dress up our deceased before we bury them, if you're going to take pictures at least show some respect. If you're not taking pictures than it really doesn't matter.

I like to put a nice outfit on mine, maybe a little blush, and I never forget to brush its teeth and use a couple of toothpicks to give it a nice smile before I photograph my kills. If its a doe, sometimes Ill put a flower behind its ear or some nice earrings. Gotta make sure that animal I just killed and disemboweled is pretty for the non hunters and antis....

• Like 2

I once shot a deer during gun season that was quartering away up hill head down. I hit him the lung and the bullet traveled up his neck into his head. I didn't realize it at the time so when I walked up on that deer and saw blood in his ear I was praying the other side of the skull was intact. It was, and it ended well. What I find amazing is what folks post on the public internet; from bragging about illegal activity to a picture of a deer with an arrow skewered through its face. It's not an email to a buddy it's the equivalent to a billboard on I90.

When I saw the title of this thread, I almost didn't dare click on it.

I was afraid that someone had posted a picture of Bubba in a THONG...

There most likely would be two versions of this picture. A camo thong version for most of us here and then a blaze orange version for Doc. LOL

• Like 1

I like to put a nice outfit on mine, maybe a little blush, and I never forget to brush its teeth and use a couple of toothpicks to give it a nice smile before I photograph my kills. If its a doe, sometimes Ill put a flower behind its ear or some nice earrings. Gotta make sure that animal I just killed and disemboweled is pretty for the non hunters and antis....

personally, i like a hula skirt on mine.

There most likely would be two versions of this picture. A camo thong version for most of us here and then a blaze orange version for Doc. LOL

I'll bet Growie has one too...She wove it out of the hemp that she grew in her food plot.

Nice double duty garment. You can either smoke it or wear it.

• Like 1

you'd have to do that when all you shoot is doe :girlcrazy:

• Like 1