He's still alive!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Finally, I laid eyes on target buck #1 again. The only other time that I have actually seen him was back in early July. I did manage to capture a few trailcam pics in mid-August and have spent a lot of time since then staring at these pics. I knew he was still around but he had remained elusive to this point.

PICT0014ttbnbndfafafdeaf_zps7088aab5.jpg

I'm about ready to throw in the towel for the 2012 bow season. I didn't go out last night with the warm temps and all the shooting going on in the area but I did take a drive around before dark to do some scouting. Unbelievably, I saw "Big Boy" tending a couple of does out in a field (the property owners are anti-hunters but they let me shed hunt the place). Man, what a monster he is with his big ole swelled up neckand bone white antlers!!! I watched him through binos for a couple of minutes as he watched over the does feeding out in the clover. I'll try hunting this guy the rest of the week in the mornings but I'm not too overly confident in seeing him. Gotta give it a try though...

The trail cam pics from August were taken only a few hunded yards from where I saw him last night. All of the sightings/trailcam pics/sheds over the past three years have surrounded one section of woods there. He has a very defined home core area. As I mentioned, the major hurdle in hunting this guy is that this woodlot is owned by a couple of anti-hunters and I can't get in there to get the job done. Oh well, it was awesome just seeing a buck of this caliber on the hoof. I wish I would have had my video camera in the truck...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1