Pennsylvania Buck

Lawdwaz

Shot a buck in PA. on Monday. I haven't killed one since 2007 there and it's only the second since the 3pt rule for me. I've seen only one since then that got by me and that was a swing & a miss. (or 3, hauling azz across the field)

This on is a nice 8pt. 215 yard shot, 243 Winchester, Barnes 80gr TTSX handloads. No fancy recovered bullet pictures with this one, sorry!

The shooting hut....(at the end of the day, no I didn't drive in in the morning)

IMG_3748.jpg

The gun, perched and ready to roll...

IMG_3739.jpg

The buck was at the top of the little island on brown grass, 215 yards. Going from right to left. If not spooked, they will hesitate for a second when they hit the lane, check for traffic then proceed. (or die)...

IMG_3729.jpg

Hero shots...

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

• Like 1

Dandy buck Lawdwaz..CONGRATS..!!....

I love the shooting house too, along with the possibility of some fairly long shots. I'd rather take a shot at 300 yards from a good rest than have to shoot offhand at 50...

Barnes bullets come through once again <<grin>>.....

Nice and congrats....I don't know what I'd do with that much open area to shoot my 243!...nice shot

Thats what I like about it, the long shot possibility.

Last year I had a running shot at a 6pt across that big field. I didn't have a prayer, he was hauling azz! I might have had a chance at him if I had my (uggh) Ithaca pump gun!!

That picture of the "kill zone" is zoomed in a bit if I recall correctly. The field continues up and gives you about a 455 yard max area (safely) to shoot, looking west. To the north I would have a 100 yard shot. East is only about a 60 yard shot and I rarely even checked it. South, south west and of course west are my best views. Last year I killed the doe to the east at 236 yards. (all my numbers are via a laser range finder, no speculation!)