Sometimes prayers are answered

accman

I'm not a devoted Catholic, but I go to mass as many as Sundays (Other than hunting time) as I can. My priest asks that we say the rosary every day, and I by no means do that, but I'll find myself saying a decat or two when I'm in my stand. Passes times, hope some good will come out it, and I usually can use all the help I can get. This past Sunday, I hadn't seen a deer the day before, and nothing was even moving around 7:15 am, so I said a decate of the rosary, looked up and said, "Ya know, all I want to do is see one, if you can help". And I swear, not a second went by and I hear out my left window, tsh,tsh,tsh. Down in the valley, a deer was coming through nose to the ground. Saw it was a buck right away, scoped him and saw he was at least a six or eight, and let him have it. He teamed up with a couple of does coming the other way up the hill, ran around and dropped. I looked up to God and said "Now your just showing off". Went over to it and it was a nice 7 pointer.

I put a lot of time into the new stand this year. My wife bought me a used quad, first one I ever owned, spent some time setting up the stand, planting some no-plow areas, cutting firing lanes, helping with my son's area too. AND, get a deer this year, priceless. I learned a few things too, first, putting a deer on a quad, by yourself, is a real beotch. Fell over onto him a few times, but managed (picture looks when we went at it a few times). Second, I have to put up an overhang over the 2 windows cause when that sun comes up in the morning and sets, it hits you right in the face, and if you have to aim out that window, it's blinding.Sounds like a March project. And third, when all else fails, give him a try. "It can't Hoit"

post-1579-0-29335200-1354139455_thumb.jp And my son's with a bow. post-1579-0-21678300-1354139578_thumb.jp

• Like 3

i was born and raised catholic. went every sunday. Now that I'm out on my own i rarely find myself there but I still pray at night. I've always found some of my best times with God have been in the morning when the sun is coming up sitting in the stand. I've always made it a habit to thank him and the deer for their life too. I dont care how long you've hunted or how many animals you've killed if you dont feel something when taking the life of such a great animal you're in the sport for the wrong reasons.

• 2 months later...