The $800 power climbing treestand

WNYBuckHunter

I for one its on my wish list this year..... If you watch the video it tells you to put on a safety harness and also it said you can climb any tree that is 13" to 30" in diameter and it can climb any heathy tree ... I am tired of using climber and hauling it around and by the time I climb up im so sweaty and hot stinking up the place with scent and then cooling off to be freezing.

you don't think dragging that thing in to the woods isn't going to make you sweaty?If you leave it whats the difference between leaving it and your climber?You are nuts if you think that thing is just going to wheel in like nothing with out haveing to fight it over dead down fall or saplings.You will be more sweaty than before.I can drag my climber in and climb it with minimal sweat.Just put all your clothes in a pack the put them on when you get to the tree.And take your time climbing.Take scent killer wipes with ya.Or if you hunt the same area a lot,leave the outer layers in a contractor trash bag in the woods in your hunting areas.

• Like 1

Hey Muthers you might be on to something. With all the talk about "discretion" when it comes to the application of game laws, if this thing has wheels, will it be considered the use of a wheeled vehicle? Granted it does not wheel you around horizontally from place to place but it does transport you vertically. lol Just a thought.

Just because something has wheels, doesnt make it illegal to hunt from. It has to be motorized. I had asked the DEC about this last year or the year before, as Ive been considering buying an old trailer frame and putting a raised shooting house on it. It would limit the placement possibilities, but Id be able to move it pretty easy and it wouldnt have to stay on the property all year round.

I would probably ask a few DEC officers their opinions on this stand before I bought one though.

arrow...they haven't hit you yet?...hope it stays that way

Personally I agree with it's a tad sad for healthy hunters and sorry...looks to me like a death trap for not so healthy hunters...Yep that guy about gave me a heart attack ...no safety belt on...even knowing I wasn't going to see him flip over that railing on video...geeez

you don't think dragging that thing in to the woods isn't going to make you sweaty?If you leave it whats the difference between leaving it and your climber?You are nuts if you think that thing is just going to wheel in like nothing with out haveing to fight it over dead down fall or saplings.You will be more sweaty than before.I can drag my climber in and climb it with minimal sweat.Just put all your clothes in a pack the put them on when you get to the tree.And take your time climbing.Take scent killer wipes with ya.Or if you hunt the same area a lot,leave the outer layers in a contractor trash bag in the woods in your hunting areas.

It would be fine if you left it out before your hunt. Its not as portable as a climber.

BTW, you were saying that you were dying to see how it climbed the trees? Theres a video right on the page.

Like I said, it might have some good applications, like someone with an injury that cant use a climber or has trouble getting into a conventional stand. Also, if you are leaving it on the same tree, all you would use for your safety harness is a safety line with a prussic knot for the trip up and down.

seems like a good idea at first, then i get to thinking about being stuck up in the tree because it has died and wont bring me down. Doesn't look that easy to drag and it looks like it was pretty flat in video. I would be dragging that thing out through 63 acres of i think is pretty rough ground. I would be nothing but a big wet rag out there. then have to drag that thing back out. easy for you guys to pee from there woman would have to lower then raise and draining battery at same time as we are draining ourselves hahaha, i kill me. lol

So why didn't they take the extra step and give it some ATV features so you could drive it from your truck to the tree and they hook it up to the tree and take the whole thing up with you. Maybe that is phase two to be introduced in a year or two ..... lol. Hey, with a little more engineering, we won't even have to walk to go hunting. We can take all the effort out of hunting eventually. Just sit back and ride everywhere .... ha-ha-ha.

• Like 1

So why didn't they take the extra step and give it some ATV features so you could drive it from your truck to the tree and they hook it up to the tree and take the whole thing up with you. Maybe that is phase two to be introduced in a year or two ..... lol. Hey, with a little more engineering, we won't even have to walk to go hunting. We can take all the effort out of hunting eventually. Just sit back and ride everywhere .... ha-ha-ha.

Maybe youre on to something there Doc. Maybe an attachment or bracket for your wheeler to haul this thing in, back up to the tree and hook it on. Drive the ATV off a distance and park it, then up the tree you go. The weight wouldnt be an issue then.

just like with everything else, if this takes off and gains ground it will inevitably become more compact/ergonomic and user friendly. not only that but it will have COMPETITION. its in its beginning stages keep an open mind lol..... remember the brick-like cell phones?

I look at the compactness of these power wheelchairs (like the hover-round, etc.) and wonder why they don't use that basic design along with more aggressive ATV features. I don't know how much one of those things weighs, but it seems like they already have the basic power unit that when added to this item would be the perfect device for enabling handicapped hunters full access to the woods and treestand hunting. You would have to modify this other device to make it attachable to the tree without getting out of the seat. But I will bet that eventually that is where this technology goes.

Hey WNYBuckhunter............I was only half funning around in my post, but that discretion thing has really been tossed about here as it applies to application of game laws. And, "Just because something has wheels, doesnt make it illegal to hunt from.", you're right. Like you, I looked into that too and as a result did the very thing you are considering. LOL! It's a beautiful thing so far to scout from on crappy weather days, but as far as actually hunting, I prefer actually being in the woods with my back pressed to a tree. Oh......and back to the deer stand........it is motorized to climb up and down so here we go again! Can I get a ruling.......is this a motorized vehicle?