Can you carry two muzzleloaders

older042

they are refering to a modern hand gun, a single shot pistol that is a muzzleloader is a muzzleloader. you can call the local office and they will tell you this. it is also in the description of a muzzleloader in dec regs. although you still require a pistol permit to fire it. it can be bought with out a permit in nys "yes its a loophole" in pistol permit laws.

from dec regs......The legal firearm for this season is a muzzleloading rifle or pistol (including smoothbore muzzleloaders) loaded through the muzzle, shooting a single projectile and having a bore of .44 inches or larger. Double-barreled muzzleloaders and percussion cap revolvers are not legal during the special muzzleloading season. If you hunt with a single-shot muzzleloading pistol, you must have a New York State Pistol License.

pistol permit regs state once you have means to load and fire the pistol it must be registered... loop hole lets you buy but not shoot, comes in handy when you already have gun for when you take permit class, as you are only alloted so much time to put gun on permit...

Q: I have a pistol permit, may I carry my handgun while deer or bear hunting with a muzzleloader?

A: No. While muzzleloader hunting during a special muzzleloader season for deer or bear, you may not possess a firearm of any description.

hmmmmmmm................

If its a muzzleloading pistol, you surely can.

carrying 2 muzzloaders, is it really that important to you? what happened to just trying to enjoy the hunt. its enough of a pain in the arse loading, unloading, swabing, dry patchin, one muzzloader. and carrying the weight of an extra arm into the hills?

carry one gun n take yer shot and make it count man!!

• Like 1

carrying 2 muzzloaders, is it really that important to you? what happened to just trying to enjoy the hunt. its enough of a pain in the arse loading, unloading, swabing, dry patchin, one muzzloader. and carrying the weight of an extra arm into the hills?

carry one gun n take yer shot and make it count man!!

Don't waste your time, i tried making that point earlier in the thread .

Sounded like he was asking if it was legal or not.

Don't believe he was looking for opinions/points on whether or not any one other than himself would do so.

Also didn't sound as if he was concerned with not making the 1st shot count - but rather having a faster 2nd shot at an additional deer.

• Like 3

• His name was Jeremiah Johnson, and they say he wanted to be a mountain man. The story goes that he was a man of proper wit and adventurous spirit, suited to the mountains. Nobody knows where abouts he come from and don't seem to matter much. He was a young man and ghosty stories about the tall hills didn't scare him none. He was looking for a Hawken gun, .50 caliber or better. He settled for a .30, but damn, it was a genuine Hawken, and you couldn't go no better. Bought him a good horse, and traps, and other truck that went with being a mountain man, and said good-bye to whatever life was down there below.

Love that Movie.

As for the weight, i can carry 2 pistols and be lighter and more manuerable with them especially on snowshoes,leave my arms free for the ski poles i use on steep slopes, a rifle and pistol are good when just sitting, close shot use pistol, far shot rifle. don't be hate ing cause i own more than one and like to use them..... lol! Ever miss due to a unseen limb? and wish you could get a second shot and while reloading the buck of a lifetime runs away? i did once... it happend again and bang! second shot got it! no reloading required. its legal to do, it doesn't say you have to carry only one.and its nice to come back having your deer with only one being fired! As for i only need 1 shot crowd i hope you bow hunt and only take 1 arrow with you...its the same thing isn't it?

Edited by G-Man