so....who here ice fishes.

arrow nocker

I do.I love to ice fish.Something to look foward to at the end of a good or lousy deer season.

where do you fish and what for.

I fish sandy pond mostly for perch but this year i plan on doing quite a bit of onieda lake for perch and walleye.

Might try for some pike but not much into trophy fishing.Im a meat fisher. :nyam:

• Like 1

the gear really makes it more comfortable.You can sit on the ice on a bucket with your wind to the back but that can get quite cold real quick.A shanti is the way to go.With a little heater.Then it can get real comfortable.Maybe one weekend you can come up and hang in the shanti.I have a two man shanti and getting another one man plus i use my hunting blind chair too.Hehehe.it works.I have snowmachine for this year too.So i don't have to drag it all out by foot any more.

Chamount Bay, Long point, Henderson Habor. love the lake fishing. Also do wheathouse bay in ogdensburg for big pike!

Chaumont Bay....nice place,good fishin there.Henderson is really nice too.Used to keep the big boat at Shangri la nice bar/camp area,great food and spirits. Fished 3 mile,Henderson,Chaumont and Mud Bay to the St. Lawrence up to Cape Vincent.The wife and kids loved French fest and Hart Island.The only place I ever ice fished in NY though was Cazenovia Lake.....was really good but you could'nt keep bass.

• Like 1

Chamount Bay, Long point, Henderson Habor. love the lake fishing. Also do wheathouse bay in ogdensburg for big pike!

i have been to chamount bay and henderson too.Henderson kicks but cause you can see the fish on their way up like 12 feet down.Cool to see.Have pulled some slob perch out of there.

Yup ice was rough last year, but we did well when there was some. Finally got the Vexilar mastered and can't wait to get back out on the lake. I'm actually in the process of re lubing all my tip ups. I rather ice fish then fish any other time of the year....well besides the Striper run on the Hudson.

Ice? .... Ice? ...... I seem to remember something that used to cover our local lakes that people referred to as ice. That was a long time ago.

Cant remember the last time that I seen a frozen/icy lake.Mid 90's im thinking was the last time I went our seasons just arent the same as they once were.

Ya i know.I just started ice fishing 3 years ago.After moving here from florida 8 years ago i don't remember the old cold winter days.But it is just a thing in nature.I know that year i started we were ice fishing on the lake in fulton 2 weeks before christmas.So i think it wont be this way forever from now on.I think it will go back to the days my uncle talks about.Hopefull this january and february will be great.I know this year started out pretty crappy so far.I wan't ice.GIVE ME ICE!!!

Ice fished most of my life in some shape or form...love it!

I spent most of my 20's and the first part of my 30's targeting tiger muskies through the ice. Myself and a couple of others traveled, literally form long island to buffalo, to ice fish this specific fish. We caught many and released all but a few trophies in the 18 - 26 lb. range. We fished huge bait and didn't care about sitting all day and not seeing a lot of flags...we were in it for big ones!

I do not have the time and the ability to be that committed anymore, but I still like to go after tigers, pike, and I like heading to Schroon and Lake George for trout, as well.

If you are interested in ice fishing in the southern dutchess/putnam/westchester area, let me know...I have a TON of gear that I would be happy to lend out for the day.

I do.I love to ice fish.Something to look foward to at the end of a good or lousy deer season.

where do you fish and what for.

I fish sandy pond mostly for perch but this year i plan on doing quite a bit of onieda lake for perch and walleye.

Might try for some pike but not much into trophy fishing.Im a meat fisher. :nyam:

i ice fish sandy pond as well. i go in at the elms. i hit south sandy for crappy as well. no, i dont pay the golf course to park, i have a friend that lets me park at his place. maybe ill see you out there sometime. look for a xmas tree stuck in the ice. thats our marker. i am a meat fisher too. lol.