this weather sucks!!

boo711

i am sick of hunting in these 40° temps. looked last night at the weather for this weekend. they were calling for a high of 32. i was excited. now they are calling for 40's & rain. weather wise this has been a terrible season. would really like to see some temps in the upper 20's or lower 30's. sucks when it is dec& you need to ice a deer down because it is 50 outside. maybe next year!!

I would think the bigger problem has been the lack of snow. No, I am not fond of plowing my driveway, but when there is a coating of snow, those critters silhouette pretty darn nicely. This year I only had one day when there was enough snow on the ground to be of any benefit. Also, tracks in the snow do not lie when you are trying to assess what the heck the size of the herd is and where they are.

• Like 2

Closing weekend NZ 6k I was up to camp and enjoyed seeing the tracks, fresh sign etc. There was at least 6" on the ground. It's all gone now. Usually about this time of year it starts to get doubtfull to even get up there with a 4x4.

The plus side? - Going to sneek in some extra camping time, & moved the cams to try & get a few shots of post season activity before I close the place up. And maybe, the wgi cam won't sound like a wwII battle tank when it takes pics.

But yea, used to be able to count on snow for SZ muzz.

Edited by Fantail