Buck mounting a buck???

ants

I just took a drive by the farm I hunt. There were two small bucks, a six and I think the other was a four, out in the plowed field may 60-70 yards from the road. I stopped and watched them for a while and the six kept trying to mount the four. They would graze for a minute or two then he would try to mount the four. The four would move off a little, they would eat some more then the same thing. He tried it about 4 or 5 times. I saw this one other time, years ago, while bow hunting.

What the hell??

Same sex marriage is legal in NY now....

I also remember my Dad's friend telling me he once shot a six pt doe, so maybe it was a doe w/ antlers.

I thought of that too. I have seen two does with antlers taken. One by a buddy and one by my brother in law and those deer's racks were small, weird looking and still in velvet even though they were both taken in late November...Who knows..Weird $hit...

Its not an uncommon occurance this time of year.. during the breeding season bucks become so frenzied with high hormone levels that they can hardly help themselves with the urge to breed. They will soon be losing those urges and hormone levels and start dropping antlers.