See these yet?

Single_shot

OMG...there's another can of worms....next thing you know...you'll need to register your bow purchases and any broad heads you use...There will be new laws on the books outlawing the sale and possession of such broad heads...just wait and see...LOL

That was the first thought that came to my mine grow.

This is why I believe that there should be a traditional bow season, nothing but string bows (long or recurve) without mechanical enhancements. People are always trying to make bows more like modern rifles all the time. Modern cross bows with scopes, eventually they will have rocket assisted arrows with stuff like this on their broadhead end. Defeats the whole purpose of bow season. This is totally contrary to the woodsmanship and archery skills that attracted many to bow hunting in the first place. The original intent of bow season was to use a weapon that required additional capability and the traditional skills of a woodsman. Just my opinion. .

This is why I believe that there should be a traditional bow season, nothing but string bows (long or recurve) without mechanical enhancements. People are always trying to make bows more like modern rifles all the time. Modern cross bows with scopes, eventually they will have rocket assisted arrows with stuff like this on their broadhead end. Defeats the whole purpose of bow season. This is totally contrary to the woodsmanship and archery skills that attracted many to bow hunting in the first place. The original intent of bow season was to use a weapon that required additional capability and the traditional skills of a woodsman. Just my opinion. .

While I agree with what you are saying, I'm afraid your views are a dying view of bowhunting. It all started back in the 70's with the advent of the compound, and since that time there seems to be no turning back. Today, it is just another hunting season with no special significance, and everyone wants to get a piece of the season regardless of equipment. The idea of special challenge is irrelevant. Now it's just a warm weather time to hunt deer ......equipment be damned. I'm of the age where it doesn't matter that much anymore. It is time for me to step aside and let the next generation make of bowseason whatever they want it to be. I may not like it, but then I've had my time, now it will become whatever the majority of others want it to become.

OMG...there's another can of worms....next thing you know...you'll need to register your bow purchases and any broad heads you use...There will be new laws on the books outlawing the sale and possession of such broad heads...just wait and see...LOL

I almost positive there already are laws against such things, goes along with poison tipped arrows and the like.

• Like 1

DW...yes you are right for I already knew it states.... illegal...

with an arrow with an explosive head or shaft.

My statement was there will be " new laws"...look at the video closely and she shows a tip equipped with pellets for small game...that opens on impact...NO EXPLOSIVES...to disperse the pellets into the game animal...no barbs...so as it stands feasibly legal right now.

While I agree with what you are saying, I'm afraid your views are a dying view of bowhunting. It all started back in the 70's with the advent of the compound, and since that time there seems to be no turning back. Today, it is just another hunting season with no special significance, and everyone wants to get a piece of the season regardless of equipment. The idea of special challenge is irrelevant. Now it's just a warm weather time to hunt deer ......equipment be damned. I'm of the age where it doesn't matter that much anymore. It is time for me to step aside and let the next generation make of bowseason whatever they want it to be. I may not like it, but then I've had my time, now it will become whatever the majority of others want it to become.

Yes Doc, I'm an incurable thowback.. You made some good points. Have a nice day.