Somebody Picked the Wrong Girl

tony m

I have a similar story ,thats true . My daughter and 4 other girls lived in a house near Buffalo's "South Campus", not a great area. One night one of the girls is home alone someone knocks on the front door, but won't say anything or leave.

She calls 911, 1 hour and a half later BPD shows up !

Now she was smart enough to also call the "boys' house a few doors down, when after a few minutes no cops showed up. the boys got there fast with their ball bats. Nobody at the door, and yes if the cops showed at same time could have got dicey.

After that i had to teach them how to talk to 911, so you get a faster responce .

After a rash of UB kids getting robbed, this year I had a chat with a BPD Capt. , they have their normal patrol PLUS 10 more assigned to the UB area, and it still took 1 and a half hours....

When i was 16 i had my first apartment close to Hospital on Portland ave. Not sure how long i lived there at the time. I got a knock and they said it was neighbor asking for sugar, i am cracking up as i write this lol

I open door swinging a plastic bat, not even sure if i hit the guy. He crawled backwards on his butt screaming like girl right back in his place. think he kicked door closed. Not sure about the timing but he did move out the next month. when i told my father next day he want to kick my ars for opening door