Ammo shortage

Has anyone figured out how much stockpiled ammo is enough? Is there anyway to figure out what a lifetime's supply is? I just finished an inventory of my reloading components and my live rounds for all my guns. I've decided that I guess I have enough. But when it comes to the hoarding mentality, I was just curious as to whether people think that they need warehouse full of stuff, or exactly where and how do they draw the line? Are we arming for casual use, or some form of civil war? I'm kind of ensuring enough quantities of ammo for my normal casual use (hunting, personal protection, and occasional target) throughout the remainder of my life. If civil war breaks out, somebody else is going to have to supply the ammo .... lol.

I have kept a few hundred rounds per caliber on hand for years. I never got the point of having to go to the store everytime I was going to go shoot to buy a box or 2 .When the prices kept rising I stocked more.

As for buying cases, I bought mine when they had skid loads of them on the floor .

If the stores had raised the prices way up with the recent run on ammo guys would have bought just what they needed, and the supply would be there for all those without forsight to buy what they needed now.

Has anyone figured out how much stockpiled ammo is enough? Is there anyway to figure out what a lifetime's supply is? I just finished an inventory of my reloading components and my live rounds for all my guns. I've decided that I guess I have enough. But when it comes to the hoarding mentality, I was just curious as to whether people think that they need warehouse full of stuff, or exactly where and how do they draw the line? Are we arming for casual use, or some form of civil war? I'm kind of ensuring enough quantities of ammo for my normal casual use (hunting, personal protection, and occasional target) throughout the remainder of my life. If civil war breaks out, somebody else is going to have to supply the ammo .... lol.

I was in Gander this morning. One of the gun guys told me that a few days ago they got some ammo in (didn't think to ask what cal.) but as soon as the doors opened a guy came in and bought $6000 worth of it. I asked why the hell Gander would let one guy buy some much, given the current ammo situation, and he just shrugged his shoulders. ( He agree'd it was wrong but out of his hands)

I have no problem with people stocking up, that thats just plain B.S.

I was in Gander this morning. One of the gun guys told me that a few days ago they got some ammo in (didn't think to ask what cal.) but as soon as the doors opened a guy came in and bought $6000 worth of it. I asked why the hell Gander would let one guy buy some much, given the current ammo situation, and he just shrugged his shoulders. ( He agree'd it was wrong but out of his hands)

I have no problem with people stocking up, that thats just plain B.S.

the manager could easily make it store policy and have a reasonable limit. it's partly their fault for letting him. that had to be thousands of rounds.

the manager could easily make it store policy and have a reasonable limit. it's partly their fault for letting him. that had to be thousands of rounds.

I agree. With that much ammo you have to wonder if the guy plans on reselling it to make a profit.

the new "SAFE" laws... total crap

Doesn't affect me buying ammo online. I bought ammo online and put in my address, etc. My payment went through and I got a tracking #. Maybe someday down the road, there will be additional hoops to jump through?