Andre reed

Red

i just wanted to see what other people thoughts where on this. i was always an andre reed fan growing up and think he was an amazing wide receiver and i think he really deserves to get into the hall of fame this year. how do you feel about this?

Edited by Red

i just wanted to see what other people thoughts where on this. i was always an andre reed fan growing up and think he was an amazing wide receiver and i think he really deserves to get into the hall of fame this year. how do you feel about this?

Art Monk of the Redskins I believe has not been inducted into the HOF and he was a much better receiver. In any event, there are so many individuals who deserve consideration but are not even mentioned. I would not lose any sleep over it!

You are not gonna be the best at your position when Rice and Irving are in there prime.

Go compare Reed's and Irvin's numbers......Irvin has the edge on yds/catch....and number/game.

In Irvins best total yardage year(91'), Reed had more TD's.

The rest of the numbers are VERY comparable per season.....and Reeds' longer career bests many stats by Irvin.Including almost 1800 yds more total production for Reed.(13700 to 11900)

Irvin Reed

Yds 11900 13700

Catches 750 951

TD's 65 87

But when you don't win a Super Bowl, and a bunch of guys who were on the same team who also didn't win get in.......going to be hard to overcome that with the voters.

Edited by Dinsdale

Have a Andre Reed jersey here somewhere. He sure was one of Buffalo's best.

Those were the days when I really enjoyed watching football. The days when u could get a decent seat ticket for $30. They really had it all together. I enjoyed the Houston- Buffalo game, the biggest comeback ever. Remember people leaving the stadium by the thousands, only to miss the best game Buffalo has ever played. We didn't leave. Paid big money for that ticket, and I was staying, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 3

reed will eventually go in but i think for this vote chris carter has inside track, as a deep threat reciever(lot more flash and memorable , i see lots of highlight of amazing leaps and grabs of his, reed was a workhorse undercoverage reciever,not to many highlights of his, james loften was on team then and was an impressive deep threat and was in on 1st vote. Look at it a a trail cam contest, the big flashy buck wins every time, even with outstanding photos of herons spearing fish, bears with 3-5 cubs, even great pics of does duking it out with their hooves, awesome and worthy of praise, but the buck always wins.. deep threat (buck ) vs (possession) awesome once in a lifetime pics of everything else

Go compare Reed's and Irvin's numbers......Irvin has the edge on yds/catch....and number/game.

In Irvins best total yardage year(91'), Reed had more TD's.

The rest of the numbers are VERY comparable per season.....and Reeds' longer career bests many stats by Irvin.Including almost 1800 yds more total production for Reed.(13700 to 11900)

Irvin Reed

Yds 11900 13700

Catches 750 951

TD's 65 87

But when you don't win a Super Bowl, and a bunch of guys who were on the same team who also didn't win get in.......going to be hard to overcome that with the voters.

I hope you realize That Irvin left in the prime of his career due to injury and played like 7 less yrs than reed

I hope you realize That Irvin left in the prime of his career due to injury and played like 7 less yrs than reed

Actually it was 4...........Probowls......7 for Reed, 5 for Irvin during an overlapping career.

What part of "Reeds longer career" did you miss on my post.....I'm not saying either are Jerry Rice in numbers, just comparable for active years.

But like I said you have to check the numbers and not the PR.