Kitchen knives

Dom

Im in need to purchase a new set.Most sets i have looked at are junk can anyone recomend a good brand/set I dont mind spending a little more for good quality knives.Im realy looking at somthing thats going to last.

I got a second hand set of Cutco about 10 years ago. The didn't come in a block so I had to pony up the,...............gag..........$140 for a block to hold them!!

I sent the knives in for a fluff & buff and got the block and haven't looked back. I highly recommend them; pay once, cry once.

They'll resharpen and polish for darn near free any time you want.

Sharpest knifes out there are the Japanese knifes. When I first got mine I could slice 1/8 stripes of paper. Problem is resharpening. They are sharpen 90/10 so you have to order them right or left handed. Hard to find places that can sharpen them correctly.

honestly i used hunting knives more and more until the wife and i bought a set of Henkels. we got "forever sharp" and they're sharp but not a true sharp (fine serrations). they work well for everyday kitchen work, however i like my sharpened hunting knives for raw meat. hate the 90/10 angles rather just have 20 on both sides. Henckels other knives that aren't "forever sharp" are great and I'd go with them. I knew it before i bought the forever sharp stuff and will never let my wife talk me into a set again. what's really nice for the kitchen as well as the field is Smith's reverse carbide and ceramic sharpener. get the knife blade a little soapy with dish soap and touch it up with the ceramic side and you can shave with it.

Years ago I went to a restaurant supply Co. and got a few ( not a whole set) of Russell knives, after the old time, local butcher told me about them. He had been using them for ever, They have been great. Top quality.......They kind of co$t.

Edited by ants

Restaurant supply also,the meat or veggies do not know what is cutting them I had the fancy ones now I use Dexter brand.The Japs most likley sharpen theres the way razor blades are sharpened ( with a Paper wheel ).But they do make the best high priced swords an knives.