VIDEO: Windy Winter Bow Hunt In The Snow

TheFieldArcher

This was great in several way's enjoying a good hunt and donating to feed familys in need.I have no problem with these hunts,its nice to see some people trying to help others that need the extra help.If our season was still open I would do the same.

this kind of bothers me. She could be decently pregnant at this point.

I was surprised that this doe was not pregnant, but I donated one that was last month. Now the deer that I shot last month that was pregnant, what would be the difference if I shot her in September before she was pregnant? Sounds like a left wing debate, have we had enough of that??? Just saying!

I like that you film doe kills and not focus on bucks

Thanks, the food pantries don't serve antler! Obama doesn't seem to care about the unemployed and creating jobs... but he jumped on banning guns quickly, huh??? I lost my job for the 1st time in over 31 years of being in the same business last year, it hit home! I was very, very lucky to find another job in under 8 weeks... there are good people with families trying to find work and like what happened in Benghazi... not sure if Obama gives a rats arse!

This was great in several way's enjoying a good hunt and donating to feed familys in need.I have no problem with these hunts,its nice to see some people trying to help others that need the extra help.If our season was still open I would do the same.

Thank you!

I was surprised that this doe was not pregnant, but I donated one that was last month. Now the deer that I shot last month that was pregnant, what would be the difference if I shot her in September before she was pregnant? Sounds like a left wing debate, have we had enough of that??? Just saying!

I guess that depends on when you believe life began. So if you kill her before she was pregnant, you're limiting future deer from her so lets say that kill equals 2 dead deer. Killing her while pregnant equals 2 dead deer as well. Fair enough. I never said I was against what you're doing. I just know I'd have trouble gutting a deer with a partially developed fetus inside her. I am also a hunter that would never shoot a doe with fawns. I've seen others do it and it saddens me. I know I'm not alone.

I know deer are animals and not humans and I dont mean to start an argument. Just how I feel. Generally seasons are scheduled around breeding/birth for most animals so hunting in February seems odd to me.

I guess that depends on when you believe life began. So if you kill her before she was pregnant, you're limiting future deer from her so lets say that kill equals 2 dead deer. Killing her while pregnant equals 2 dead deer as well. Fair enough. I never said I was against what you're doing. I just know I'd have trouble gutting a deer with a partially developed fetus inside her. I am also a hunter that would never shoot a doe with fawns. I've seen others do it and it saddens me. I know I'm not alone.

I know deer are animals and not humans and I dont mean to start an argument. Just how I feel. Generally seasons are scheduled around breeding/birth for most animals so hunting in February seems odd to me.

It's a good thing then that most of NJ has no yearly limits on does.

Always enjoy watching your videos archer here and on NJH I am looking for a video partner for this upcoming season the guy that usually video tapes with me from NJH is stripesandsteel but he works at the post office so his time had been limited this year so no video was shot also need a new gorilla arm for the camera. Also do you happen to know where I could find a video camera with a manual focus its hard to get good shots with auto focus on most cameras early season they focus on the leaves instead of the deer

Thanks guys!

Love the video and time you take to put them together. I must say I was a bit disappointed-no bloodtrail on the snow?

Sorry, we are supposed to get more snow and a buddy just told me his freezer is empty... Saturday is the last day of the season, I hope to fill my buddies freezer and get ya a nice red snow cone trail on video soon!

• Like 1

How about killing a doe during late season in NY, and by late season I mean after the first week of gun, are they not pregnant by then as well?

How about killing a doe during late season in NY, and by late season I mean after the first week of gun, are they not pregnant by then as well?

like i said, it'd be tough for me to pull out a mostly formed fetus (let alone 2 or 3) during a gut out. Especially if it's to "fill a buddies fridge". :vinsent: If it's easy for you, then keep doing what you're doing.

Edited by Belo

like i said, it'd be tough for me to pull out a mostly formed fetus (let alone 2 or 3) during a gut out. Especially if it's to "fill a buddies fridge". :vinsent: If it's easy for you, then keep doing what you're doing.

Sorry, but you would fit in great on the New Jersey Hunting forum, just like them... to "fill a buddies fridge" makes it even easier for me because it is to help a friend and his family put venison on the table!

So its not a principal thing for you then. Gottcha.

Nice use of a smiley icon to disparage a fellow hunter BTW.

Sorry, but you would fit in great on the New Jersey Hunting forum, just like them... to "fill a buddies fridge" makes it even easier for me because it is to help a friend and his family put venison on the table!

i dont even know what you're saying

Why don't you just leave the guy alone.What he is doing is legal and if deer were open here I would be in a tree myself.

not sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch. i just said that it would be hard for me to do that. i never called the guy out.

So its not a principal thing for you then. Gottcha.

Nice use of a smiley icon to disparage a fellow hunter BTW.

please explain what you mean by "principal thing"