Heard this about the DEC

loworange88

We all know less than 75% of eligible voters actually vote. If we can get every single hunter and gun owner to get out there and actually cast a vote, he'll lose easily.

Yeahhhh, except that in NY it that we (gunowners/hunters) are our own worst enemy. If I could kick someone in the nuts every time they've told me "I'm just a hunter, it doesn't affect me" or "Nobody needs those things for hunting anyway so i think it's good" I'd have worn out a pair of boots just since the ban passed.

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge this proposal for changes to the license regulations has been in the works since well before Sandy Hook and the recent attention to the gun issues in our country. While it's not perfect, it has had the attention of many people across the state from sporting goods makers and retailers to conservation groups. Whats amazing to me is how fast a discussion of practical rule changes that can give us all more time doing what we love to do degenerates into a mud slinging name calling hate fest. I've no love for politicians of any sort but the moment our voices become vitriolic everyone stops listens and we lose our collective voice. I'd say this proposal is a good start but I'll never stop being wary of all the mechanization of government politics and the personal goal and ambitions of politicians.

We MUST be the voice of reason, We MUST speak in an intelligent manner and we MUST get out and VOTE! No one ever changed anything by leaving it for others.

To the best of my knowledge this proposal for changes to the license regulations has been in the works since well before Sandy Hook and the recent attention to the gun issues in our country. While it's not perfect, it has had the attention of many people across the state from sporting goods makers and retailers to conservation groups. Whats amazing to me is how fast a discussion of practical rule changes that can give us all more time doing what we love to do degenerates into a mud slinging name calling hate fest. I've no love for politicians of any sort but the moment our voices become vitriolic everyone stops listens and we lose our collective voice. I'd say this proposal is a good start but I'll never stop being wary of all the mechanization of government politics and the personal goal and ambitions of politicians.

We MUST be the voice of reason, We MUST speak in an intelligent manner and we MUST get out and VOTE! No one ever changed anything by leaving it for others.

Funny, that "vitriol" sure as hell works for the left all the time, while our "voice of reason" has been a dismal failure. It would seem, that the left gets their point across much better than we do, with their "vitriol", otherwise, our gun rights wouldn't be in the gutter to begin with. Voice of reason, my a$$.

If you take a look at the last few decades, I would have to say that the left's methods have been much more effective than ours.

Even without the new gun law relate, it is a slap to NY resident hunters and especially to those that bought lifetime before the hike.

That's as nice as I can say it.

It's ok. It can do nothing but help the addition of new hunting recruits. Of course it's easy for me to be so easy going on the subject of lifetime licenses since I got mine at that magic year that it was available for $50 for us newbie seniors .... lol. That was a hell of a deal.

It really would be good to find out the real reason(s) for this sudden reversal. Yes it may be just a bone thrown to the hunting portion of the gun-owning population, trying to get us calmed down a bit. But I also wonder if there may not have been some of those famous statistics that they are so fond of that showed them a forecast that showed that at some point in the future there would be some peculiar backlash and showed that there was going to be a collapse of license sales if they didn't bring the fees into a more reasonable area. No, it's nothing they are publishing or making public or admitting to, but I do wonder.

Funny, that "vitriol" sure as hell works for the left all the time, while our "voice of reason" has been a dismal failure. It would seem, that the left gets their point across much better than we do, with their "vitriol", otherwise, our gun rights wouldn't be in the gutter to begin with. Voice of reason, my a$$.

If you take a look at the last few decades, I would have to say that the left's methods have been much more effective than ours.

Well you just have to look at there base. They are bitter, mostly poor, and uneducated. You could tell them anything and back it up with free health care, free drugs, abortion , contraceptives, a little redistribution of wealth a green card and demonize there last employer who fired them for being lazy and drunk on the job and Disguise it as being compassionate and I bet most of them would vote for Satan.

Edited by erussell

Well you just have to look at there base. They are bitter, mostly poor, and uneducated. You could tell them anything and back it up with free health care, free drugs, abortion , contraceptives, a little redistribution of wealth a green card and demonize there last employer who fired them for being lazy and drunk on the job and Disguise it as being compassionate and I bet most of them would vote for Satan.

to quote Rush..'you cant defeat santa clause'. Satan? maybe they did..........