Legal in NY?

NYBuckHunter27

IF NY considered it a handgun it would be legal anywhere that was not a "Bow Only" area. The way our State interperets things though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them classify that as an SBR (Short Barrelled Rifle) and therefore illegal to possess. I don't know that they would, I just suspect it. I do know that those Rossi Ranch Hands are not legal here.

It's a pistol, that stock cannot be brought up to your shoulder. I would not consider it an SBR.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Me either, problem is you and I don't have the final say. I'm just saying that as goofy as our state is, especially as of late, it may be prudent to check with the ones who will have your dingles in a vise if they decided it was.

As long as you have a pistol permit it should be legal in shotgun areas, I think you'd catch sh!# frol the game warden & law enforcment on the grip. If I lived in NY and bought it I'd buy a regular pistol grip for it and sell that one on E-Bay.

I have a TC Contender and have been picking up extra barrels when I find a good deal on them. The nice thing about the Contenders and Encores is the huge sellection of calibers avaiable for them. check out www.EncoreClassifieds.com Plus you can buy the rifle stock, rifle fore-end and rifle barrels to use as a rifle of you want to.

I can't for the life of me figure out any sensible purpose for that wacked-out grip. What in the heck is all that extra wood about? Can anyone explain that too me?

But anyway, it sure is a pistol. I doubt anyone could argue that. It appears to be a singleshot, so excessive magazine capacity doesn't seem to be any issue. I don't really undrstand why there is any question about it's legality. Sure it looks goofy, but it is not illegal for a gun to look goofy. It's only illegal if it looks "mean" and dangerous ....... lol.

It is wrist stabilization.

So the idea is that all that excess wood around your wrist is supposed to reach far enough to tie your hand to your wrist. Well, as you can tell, I do not often shoot handguns. Probably a half dozen times in my whole life. Well anyway, I'm glad there is a practical reason for all that ugliness....lol.

Im a short guy (5'8- 5'9) i would sure as hell try to shoulder it lol it would be obvisously more accurate.

If you were to shoulder it it would DEFINITELY be considered a SBR and you do not want that charge. Fromthe looks of it the stock would just come back past your wrist joint. That would give you a bit mor stabilization but to put that stock against your shoulder I would think that hammer would be just in front of your nose. I don't think I would want to try that.

I can't for the life of me figure out any sensible purpose for that wacked-out grip. What in the heck is all that extra wood about? Can anyone explain that too me?

But anyway, it sure is a pistol. I doubt anyone could argue that. It appears to be a singleshot, so excessive magazine capacity doesn't seem to be any issue. I don't really undrstand why there is any question about it's legality. Sure it looks goofy, but it is not illegal for a gun to look goofy. It's only illegal if it looks "mean" and dangerous ....... lol.

the legality lies in the fact that it is illegal to add a rifle type stock to a handgun. It makes it a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR).

Lol .... It's real hard to imagine that goofy-looking piece of wood being mistaken for or intended as any form of a rifle type stock.

My comment about the illegality of "mean and dangerous" looking firearms was a facetious remark relating to the current criteria for determining what guns should to be outlawed.

I agree Doc, but the powers that be have also deemed a semi auto sporting rifle as an assault weapon based on how it looks. Personally, I wouldnt chance it.

Oh, you bet. They are now into the business of stretching definitions and pulling off any kind of misuse of the law. And if they can sell people on the basis of nasty appearance, they'll do it in a minute. The bad news is that they apparently don't have to justify it to anybody once the law is imposed.

• Like 1

I always thought the law stated if it was a weapon that shot a cartridge rifle or handgun round it was considered a rifle for all intensive purposes related to hunting. Making any firearm other than shotgun during shotgun or black powder season illegal unless handguns were an exception in your county... They might allow black powder in shotgun only area's but if its bow only then NO fire arms are allowed to be carried on a person while hunting....

Possession of Firearms

During the open season for deer, it is illegal to:

• possess shotgun shells loaded with slug or ball, unless holding a valid license or permit to take deer or bear, or
  • possess a rifle larger than a .22 rimfire (muzzleloading rifles excepted) in areas where rifles are banned for taking deer.

In Westchester County and on Long Island it is illegal to use any rifle for hunting, or to carry one afield......................................................................... Q: I have a pistol permit, may I carry my handgun while bowhunting?

A: No. While bowhunting during a special bow season, you may not possess a firearm of any description