Dang I love soup....

growalot

Last week it was wild turkey noodle and last night venison french vegetable...mmmmm good

I sauteed the chunked venison with onions garlic and chunked celery in olive oil with just a dash of sesame oil...then added that to beef broth and okra...potatoes...carrots...peas...spinach...a jar of diced tomatoes in juice....green beans and corn all from our garden..sliced up portabella mushrooms and added a bit of dry red wine 2 bay leafs and some basil...then simmered for 3 hours....a loaf of french bread...Ohhh so good

Edited by growalot

Last week it was wild turkey noodle and last night venison french vegetable...mmmmm good

I sauteed the chunked venison with onions garlic and chunked celery in olive oil with just a dash of sesame oil...then added that to beef broth and okra...potatoes...carrots...peas...spinach...a jar of diced tomatoes in juice....green beans and corn all from our garden..sliced up portabella mushrooms and added a bit of dry red wine 2 bay leafs and some basil...then simmered for 3 hours....a loaf of french bread...Ohhh so good

Wind must be in the east today. Can smell it way over here, LOL. It's china buffet here tonight.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I sure do love homemade soups and stews.I even enjoy a pot/kettle of beans from time to time,allways make enough to freeze some for another day.No canned soup for myself homemade is the best.

You just made me hungry. Thanks alot. Lol

might be off the subject alittle , i made my own stock/ consomme its easy and i feel im using more of the deer i roast the bones [hack up the leg bones small you want the marrow the neck and spine break in small pieces ] w/ carrots onions celery garlic in a400 oven till browned well [ start the bones then add the veg. add to large stock pot coverw/ water add salt[sparingly @first]juniper berry pepper corns bayleaf parsley and boil baby boil keep adding water and taste skim and skim til clear broth make about a gal. ifreeze in sand. size ziplock bags use to make soup/ stew . go on hunter angler gardener, cook i got the recipe there

• Like 1

We made scotch broth with venison instead of lamb. It was fantastic! The trick is to avoid boiling, which will toughen the meat. Made a huge pot and froze a bunch for lunch. I love to create awesome food smells at work. Reheating without overheating in the work microwave is a challenge but worth it.

Not sure if this link will work, but here's the inspiration... http://honest-food.net/2011/03/10/scottish-venison-soup/

Sounds delicious, and it is soup weather!!