New NFL rule.

ants

Yeah I cant see them letting this one go through. I think its a natural reaction for a back to lower his head as he is about to collide with a tackler. 

They proposed, earlier this year, to do away with kick offs because they are too dangerous. What the hell?

Only way to make the game safer is to force all fields back to natural surface to slow down these genetic freaks..then go back to leather helmets and limited pads. I promise there will be no intentional head to head contact with the protection of a helmet.

It's football for god sake!!! Someone mentioned the "pussification" of America in another post, and that whats going on here. what the hell?

Its common knowledge that the NFL has been overwhelmed with lawsuits concerning head injuries suffered by former players and as such is making an attempt to mitigate such is obvious. Anyone who has played football at any level (and I have) have had their bell rung!

Todays football players are physical freaks of nature. Careers are short and the effects of playing this game at this level are telling!

The risks are obvious and the players do realize such, but in a litigious society the attorneys get rich. The NFL has finally after all these years have understood that to continue this money making operation they have to act and this latest proposed rule addesses this.

The worst case scenario for the NFL is that a player will be killed from a hit during a game. The NFL is just exploring ways to avoid this scenario and the bettors would certainly appreciate it.

I agree .. This is because of the litigious  we live in. in this country. How long before we see rules that guard against knee injuries...shoulder injuries ?? How long before The NFL becomes the NFFL? The National Flag Foot ball League.