NY tip line

Just had a friend send this to me on Facebook. From the NY gun owners unite page. Gov Cuomo has started a $500 reward for people who call in tips about people or there neighbors who are in violation of the safe act. I will try posting it on here

Now he has put a bounty on defenders of the 2nd Amendment. Does that put things in a clearer perspective as far as to what extent these anti-gun creeps are willing to go to eliminate firearms and those people who use them?

It would be great to catch Cuomo in a violation of the safe act and collect the reward.  I'm still waiting for this whole nonesense to be tossed out.

If all the court cases should come up without the law being shot down, there is still one other way to get rid of the law. Vote that stinking creep out of office along with all of his gun-hating cronies. Vote in a pro-gun governor whose first order of business will be to toss that law into the trash can where it belongs. If we can show the same level of resolve that we are showing right now, I believe that a properly motivated pro-gun body of voters could get the job done. Yes, we are badly out-numbered, but considering the actual small percentage of the population that actually votes at all, whoever could muster the most efficient "get-out-the-vote" campaign with dedicated an motivated pro-gun voters would win.

• Like 1

From NYS Rifle and Pistol Association, snitch line to be opened:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The letter shown below is from DCJS but was distributed by a Law Enforcement Association to all it’s members. I’ve removed the Association’s information to protect our source but wanted to show you the depths to which we are falling. Orwell was right; just 29 off years on the date!

Tom King

**The Letter**

At a time when all of us are finding ourselves doing more with less, a reminder about a resource available from New York State that can assist you in your efforts to solve cases, prevent crime and better serve and protect your communities.

The state has established a toll-free tip line – 1-855-GUNSNYS (1-855- 486-7697) to encourage residents to report illegal firearm possession. The tip line also allows for information to be submitted via text – individuals can text GUNTIP and their message to CRIMES (274637). While the state will provide the administrative support and fund the rewards, the investigation and validity of the tip will be up to each local department.

To spread the word about this free resource, New York State is planning a comprehensive campaign, including public service announcements that will air on television and radio stations across Upstate.

The tip line can provide your agencies with another avenue for receiving intelligence about crimes being committed in your jurisdictions. This initiative is designed for communities where no tip lines are in place and is not meant to replace existing gun tip lines.

Here’s how the tip line operates:

The New York State Police staff the tip line 24 hours a day. Upon receiving a call, troopers will solicit as much information as possible regarding a firearm tip, while allowing the individual to remain anonymous. The caller will be informed that this program is not the traditional gun buyback program but rather is focused on identifying individuals who are carrying an illegal firearm.

The State Police will in turn contact the appropriate police agency with the lead to initiate an investigation. Staff from the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) will follow up with that agency to determine the validity of the lead. Once the investigation is completed, the police agency would convey to DCJS the outcome of the investigation.

If the information leads to an arrest for the illegal possession of a firearm, the “tipster” will be awarded $500. DCJS staff will handle all of the financial transactions.

State Police staff will explain the program in its entirety upon notifying an agency that a lead has been generated for their jurisdiction. If you have any questions in the interim, please contact DCJS Deputy Commissioner Tony Perez in the Office of Public Safety at 518-485-7610.

Janine Kava

Director of Public Information

New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services

(518) 457-8906 - work

(518) 485-7715 - fax

Have all the law enforcement and security guards issues been resolved with the safe act?  I know a while back the guards at the local nuclear power plant were upset because they were in violation.  If the law enforcements problems haven't been resolved, couldn’t we flood the hotline and report all the cops and security guards.  Might be a  nice and legal way to annoy these fools and make some cash all at the same time

Funny how this was launched a year ago, and never mentioned any where. This just make it look more and more like Cuomo, has planned this for a long time. Had everything sitting there and waiting to just the right moment.

If the program has been in use for over a year, I am sure Cuomo would have broadcast it, if this program brought in 1000's of illegal guns. I would like to see just how many illegal guns this program has brought in

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

I just read the article from the fox new link a few post about. There in one thing in there that really sticks out

The measure is part of a four-pronged approach established by the governor's office to reduce gun violence in urban communities, according to CBS6Albany.com.

It says four-pronged approach, so what are the four-prong's? This just seems to point out this has been planned for along time, and was just waiting for the right time to release a prong.