Do a Little Dance

Five Seasons

One buck per license and does with permits only.i know "serious bow hunters"with their license,their doe permit,their wife's doe permit,their fathers archery license,ect ect ect and then their wacking more deer during gun season.i love reading some of these ridiculous self serving comments about how it's the other hunters fault.i know here it comes....

quote those who said they were primitive? the crossbow is not an advancement. it's been around just as long as the recurve. But the 2 are not the same.

then you just made an argument for them to be allowed in your precious elitist time.  According to what I read here they are more primitive than a compound, so maybe they should be allowed and compounds not allowed.  

• Like 1

When I compare my almost 30 year old bolt action rifle and scope, to todays modern compound bow with fiber optic sights, drop away rests, high let off, carbon fiber arrows and various other bells and whistles, I think my rifle gets the nod as being the more primitive weapon.   

• Like 1

then you just made an argument for them to be allowed in your precious elitist time.  According to what I read here they are more primitive than a compound, so maybe they should be allowed and compounds not allowed.  

don't you have a gun rally to attend?

When I compare my almost 30 year old bolt action rifle and scope, to todays modern compound bow with fiber optic sights, drop away rests, high let off, carbon fiber arrows and various other bells and whistles, I think my rifle gets the nod as being the more primitive weapon.   

but can your bolt action shoot past 30 yards? do you have to do anything special other than pull the trigger?

Actually there are many reasons why a gun hunter couldn't pick up a bow. I know three that can't and all are different physical reasons

and you know how I feel about that.

Edited by Belo

but can your bolt action shoot past 30 yards? do you have to do anything special other than pull the trigger?

Yes, if you hold and aim properly, you can shoot well past that distance, and have a WAY better chance of putting game down for keeps compared to a bow which is what's most important to me. That is why a rifle will forever be my choice weapon to hunt with.  

You boys can continue to argue about compound bows, x-bows, and whatever you want.  All of them are from from primitive in my opinion.  If you guys want to shell out the big sums of money for these weapons that can kill no further than 30 yards, knock yourselves out!!  I will stick to my rifle that would cost less if I needed to replace it, yet is more effective.  In the meantime I don't need to get into silly arguments of which (high tech, modern) bow should be legal or not to hunt with!  

Actually there are many reasons why a gun hunter couldn't pick up a bow. I know three that can't and all are different physical reasons

You don't know me, but make it four.   I bow hunted for years until I was unlucky enough to be in a car accident that broke my back in various places.  Now I'm denied that privilege.   I could go on an extended rant on the subject but it's all been said before and changes no ones opinion.  (can you tell I'm somewhat bitter towards those who block it?)

You don't know me, but make it four.   I bow hunted for years until I was unlucky enough to be in a car accident that broke my back in various places.  Now I'm denied that privilege.   I could go on an extended rant on the subject but it's all been said before and changes no ones opinion.  (can you tell I'm somewhat bitter towards those who block it?)

One is my Father so I have a vested interest as well. I do have to say that I don't ever remember anyone on here that is against them ever say the physically disabled shouldnl't be able to use them. I do think the crossbow proponnents screwed up a bit. They should have gone for more realistic useage for the physically challenged first and foremost. It would have been a more nobel cause to ge the ball rolling. That would have done some good and not got it tangled in the other PR mess that it did.

• Like 1

One is my Father so I have a vested interest as well. I do have to say that I don't ever remember anyone on here that is against them ever say the physically disabled shouldnl't be able to use them. I do think the crossbow proponnents screwed up a bit. They should have gone for more realistic useage for the physically challenged first and foremost. It would have been a more nobel cause to ge the ball rolling. That would have done some good and not got it tangled in the other PR mess that it did.

I didn't mean to implicate anyone here, I haven't really been around long enough to formulate any opinions of anyone. (YET. :D )   Just a REALLY sore subject with me which is why I try and stay the heck out of it but sometimes I just get overtaken by overwhelming forces. lol

handicapped is one of his reasons. And I support it for those who are handicapped or elderly.

I have a modified archery permit, and I purchased a Draw-loc  to use on my bow so I can go out during archery season. I find it to be very awkward and cumbersome to use, and it was expensive. I hope they can come to some agreement and make it available to the handicap or elderly at least. It would be a lot easier for the truly disabled or elderly to get out during archery season. The draw-loc just does not feel right.

don't you have a gun rally to attend?

and you know how I feel about that.

That is the best you can do ask if I have a gun rally to attend.  Actually i do not attend gun rallies. I organize and attend anti safe act rallies across the state.  I do this even for people like you who are really clueless.  You might want to think about getting involved yourself.  That just shows me you know you are noot making sense, and have no logical response to my statement.   MOLON LABE 

Nyb is against crossbow for elderly,disabled therefore the douche bag Sweeney is against it also.hell they tried to keep kids out of the woods too.they fall back individually to be ok with it for elderly and disabled but their official stance is no crossbows under any circumstances.

It's either archery equipment and allowed for all (my choice) or it's not and no one uses it.

If you want to give the disabled access with non archery weapons, let them use any legal weapon.

So you're ok if we eliminate handicapped parking spaces and allow anyone to park their too?

That is the best you can do ask if I have a gun rally to attend.  Actually i do not attend gun rallies. I organize and attend anti safe act rallies across the state.  I do this even for people like you who are really clueless.  You might want to think about getting involved yourself.  That just shows me you know you are noot making sense, and have no logical response to my statement.   MOLON LABE 

my point is that you're obviously a big firearm advocate. I'm actually thankful that you are and tip my hat to that. I own several long guns and have a CC. But for those reasons, your opinion on this subject means less to me. I'm sure you don't care, but it doesn't. It's similar to the non-bowhunter who has an opinion. You're all entitled to it, but it means less unless you're out with the stick and string right now and have been for years.

So you're ok if we eliminate handicapped parking spaces and allow anyone to park their too?

Since you missed this part, I will repeat it for you.

Try to follow.

If you want to give the disabled access with non archery weapons, let them use any legal weapon.

Where did you get that?  If you are going to try to pull the crossgun argument that a lot more lame than your normal posts.  You remind me of a liberal.  Not real thought just drink the kool aid and keep spewing the foolishness and then when you have no more what you think are real points, you either go stupid or make personal attacks.  All this actually shows is how really uninformed you are and are trying to play with the big boys.  I know google is your friend and that is how you pretend to know so much.  But that is ok.  So because I stand up for gun rights, that means I do not own a bow or hunt with one? I am very diverse.  I have a recurve bear grizzly 45 pound that I have been real successful with shooting instinct.  I know how to hunt primitive.  During the early and late  muzzle loading season, I hunt with my cva flintlock or my tc sidelock open sites.  I understand and support primitive weapons.  I do not support fools who think their compound is anything near primitive but want to pass it off as primitive and not allow something by your own admission is more primitive into your precious time.  Trust me if this govt tries to take away archery equipment which by the way a cross bow is, I will be out there protesting then too. Now before you want to judge me and tell me what I stand for and my values, you should know what they are.  Your dumbass remarks only show how little your opinions mean to me as they are not your opinions.  They are the NYB opinions and they have their hand up your butt your lips move it is them talking.  If you had a real opinion or idea of your own it would probably scare you.  This  is my last post on here as I see several other people have told you the truth and you did not listen and try to run them down too.  I am not going to give you a platform to do so to make yourself feel better.  Have a nice day and good luck 

I read it as letting them use any tool that can be used to take a deer legally in any season, guns included. I don't agree, but understood that to be the point. Unfortunately we seem to baby everyone in any way possible. We live in a world where people get medals for participating, obese people get little carts to drive around whilst food shopping, people who don't want to work get free housing and food etc etc.

It sucks that someone's handicapped but they want to be treated as equals so same rules should apply.

Should the gym put a weight lift assist system in place to let me feel better when I "can" bench press 500lbs ? No I have to live within my own physical limitations. Same goes if you can't draw a bow or pick up a gun or sprint 100 meters, we all fit in our own little niche and can't expect special allowances.

That said.. I'd like to see cross bows for ALL registered hunters.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Looks like I wasn't alone in being confused bubba. I'm not sure where I personally attacked you either.

Let me correct you now.

1. I'm a registered voting conservative republican.

2. Google is an excellent tool to retrieve knowledge and facts. This is how I learn, shutting technology out of your life will result with you being left in the past.

3. What do you do for a living? What is your education?

4. I own guns. Love them. Have a scope sign in my yard. Love hunting with them. If you're a bowhunter, why would you want people using guns during archery? Will you put a bipod and scope on your crossbow when they legalize them?

5. Oh wait... They're still illegal.

6. If you have ideals and values and an organization shares them (just like your progun groups) now those values are no longer yours? They're the organizations? They cannot be both? I've been anti xbow for a while. Just joined NYB this year. The NRA 2 years ago. Supporting organizations I believe in.

7. Thanks for attacking me personally. And then lauding to the fact that my opinions do not bother you, but you were driven to a lengthy post instead of ignoring it. Hypocrite.

Edited by Belo