Black 60 Pics

I haven't had a cam out in a long while so I put up a Black 60 in an area where turkey frequent..go figure, I get one tom and the rest of them are deer, after deer, after deer. Posting a tough one with the snow and bare ground for a cam and some close up. Cam is not set on the highest image quality...set medium at 5mp. Backdrop is 20 yards away. Notice in pics 3 and 4 - the closest deer never even makes it out of the frame by the time a second photo is snapped and that deer is on a run.

post-575-0-05311200-1364338597_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-25591600-1364338638_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-42287000-1364338720_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-17701200-1364338759_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-73793900-1364338845_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-92915700-1364338887_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-52312400-1364338908_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-35599500-1364338965_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-01015800-1364339037_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-02046100-1364339092_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

Yeah, it took 624 pics in 5 days...3 pic burst on a 15 second delay. Shocked because I must have put it in an area the does are yarding...place gets too much deer hunting pressure to be huntable for decent bucks. Didn't expect 10% of those pics numbers.

Batteries that were in it were in two Spypoints before for 6 weeks...just regular off brand alkalines.

I have a business connection at Covert, so I no longer buy from retailers.

A good retailer with them on clearance would be Wing Supply, Custom1. etc. The 12s are EXTREMELY scarce because they were good cams and people scooped them up. The 13s have HD video and sound, hence the pricing - BUT, the MSRP is less than what the 12s were at full price.

Custom1enterprise has them for $150 or so shipped. The Red40 is the same cam but with red blob IR and is a bit cheaper. Slightly better night shots with the Red 40, but your trading for the invisible flash for visible flash.

Edited by phade

Don't get me wrong, there will be some motion blur - and more because it is black flash as compare to say a red IR. The tradeoff is the flash being invisible. My opinion is that the tradeoff is worth it.

You set the cam for three shots, and you will get some blur, but one of the three are going to be prime and clear. It takes all three photos in 1.5 seconds total, which is probably the fastest out there until you get to a Reconyx - and even that is ballpark same performance number.

There isn't a cam on the market commerically that is going to eliminate motion blur with one lense. That's the issue...Reconyx is trying a dual lense approach this year, and if it works, I think you may see the industry lean that way. One for night and one for day, no filter use.

Usually 10 or 15 seconds.

Alot of people are down to zero second delays and they are having it work out to about 8-10 seconds in real life delay. You have to account for the card writing time in addition to the time out.

Don't forget that a re-arm means the next triggering needs to detect a change in the movement/heat signature...so you could have an animal in front of the cam the whole time (after the initial pic sequence) and then not have it take a pic until it is nearly out of the frame...it has to detect the change from the "norm" and the norm with a, for example, deer in front of it, will need to sense deer (norm), no deer, deer, take pic. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited by phade

So it means the length of time after the first pic is taken? I have always set my Moultries on 3 pic burst and then they had a 3 minute rearm. You are saying 15 seconds? Hmmmm. I got the fastest 16gb cards I could find (class 10 Sony sdhc) and I usually check every 2 weeks, so I guess I don't need to worry about filling the card. Ill give it a try.

Yeah, after the first pic series - a zero second delay in the Black 60 will likely mean an 8-10 real life delay once all of the "processes" are completed to where it can again take a pic after the first triggering - whether that be 1, 2, or 3 pics. So, say 3 pics and 15 second delays...deer...pic, pic, pic in the 1.5 seconds total, then about 15 seconds plus write time, it's ready to go again.

Set it on 15 seconds and try it out.

A 16gb card is going to hold 12-15k photos and probably more...you ever get 10k photos on a card pull? That's why I never bothered to buy 16gb, lol.

Edited by phade