Facebook Bans Pro-gun Accounts

It's alright .... I don't really get the facebook crap anyway. Never had an account with them, and never will.

One of the other moderators on here suggested it to me, as did a few other people. At first I didn't understand face book, but I eventually found it useful. Other than boycotting them for this move, you might want to try it out.

My account is covered with pics of guns and harvested animals plus a lot of Pro gun propaganda, I actually dont see were it is banning anything, Its a very useful site and almost all of my friends and family have accounts and are on my friends list, Its an easy way to get information for free to members of my archery club and other clubs in the Finger Lakes region as well, I use it every day but it i ever feel they are being biased i would delete my account, But until then its a great place to catch up with old friends and make new ones,  To see pics of friends hunting accomplishments and family photos, I Have a brother in law in Bamberg Germany and we talk daily to each other using the messenger on facebook as well as current photos of him and his family, If you don't have an account its hard to understand the usefulness of a site like that, JMHO

I havent seen a single pro gun page locked or removed, and I "like" plenty of them. Id be willing to say that article is full of doo doo.

me too.... im pro gun everyday on FB and so are a lot of the pages I like.

I stumbled on this on one of the comments:

“According to Frederic Wolens, associate manager for policy communications at Facebook, the pages were removed because they violated Facebook’s terms regarding advertising (“Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives”)"

Maybe that's what caused the scare?  As long as you're not advertising the sell of firearm products you're safe?

Edited by Elmo