Dogs

Lawdwaz

''Listen, we really need to talk about the quality of dog toys. It's not my fault they fall apart and the filling is all over the living room. We've been through worse before and we'll get through this too. So can you take me out now?'' - Della

post-10-0-28427100-1370220576_thumb.jpg

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD

I "work" in a bank!! Lol. We got Bonnie and Clyde first and the names just fit them when they were puppies and about a year later bandit came along and and the name went with the other two.

Legal disclaimer: I am not an bank robber, outlaw, or affiliated with any banks other than having accounts with them. Lol. I actually take care of the disabled.

Edited by noahmstone
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy surprised us today. Long Story, He is my male part lab (mothers side ) part mountain cur ( fathers side ) around 110 pounds and built like Clark Kent , if you are old enough to know who he was.Hung  and endowed well. ( did not get him fixed because my male begal who was is one crabby pain in the but dog) Buddy is the most friendly dog I ever had.Well today a repair person from the phone company comes over to correct a problem with my phone and high speed internet which died,He is sitting at the computer and on the phone with the provider, Buddy walks over sits down in front of him and puts his left paw up the fellow looks at him, then Buddy puts both front paws up, the fellow asked the person on the line to hold on ,look at me puzzled and I said he wants you to shake his paw. Which he did and said well this is a First time this ever happened.That is some thing I have to do every morning with him as I am putting my sox on in the morning,But never taught him to do it with any body else. 

A little something for the old dogs:

SEPTEMBER'S DOG

Long gone is the frisky pup,

With energy seemingly boundless.

The old girl now moves slowly about

In a world that’s essentially soundless.

Where once she could hear the fog lift,

She struggles now to hear even the Boss’s gun.

Fond memories of long ago hunts

Play again as she dreams in the afternoon sun.

She is lame, and she is slow

And requires more frequent trips to the vet.

She’s aging fast, entering the Fall of her life;

On the way down, but not out yet.

Her hunter’s heart beats strong,

And her nose is still keen.

If she scents a bird on an infrequent hunt,

Watching her trail it is a sight to be seen.

Long, daily hunts are no more.

Now once, maybe twice a week is all she can endure.

Thereafter, she whines and moans in her sleep

From soreness the best of drugs just can’t cure.

It’s with the greatest of sadness

That I watch her grow old.

Knowing our hunting days are behind us,

I’m sad for both of us, if truth be told.

Her looks have changed as she’s grown older:

Her quill-marked muzzle is grayer than gray.

And despite my trying to feed her well,

Her hindquarters continue to wither away.

She will never again roam the bird fields;

Won’t bust another swamp, nor run another ridge.

She’ll not hunt again until we tackle

The game-filled flats near the Rainbow Bridge.

A hunter no more, she’s just my old friend.

It comforts my heart the way she ends each day:

When she struggles from her cushion to my bedside

And nuzzles my hand to make sure I’m okay

Yes, everyone loves a frisky new pup

That plays hard, then sleeps like a log.

Just give them time together, and they will learn

That there’s just nothing like a good Old Dog!

• Like 1

Still new to the site, so couldn't get text in with the picture. But the above two are my faithful, sometimes stupid companions. Tequila the female on left, Hazer the male on right. She's definitely the guardian. He's the critter eliminator, caught himself 2 bullfrogs and a snake today. Someday he's gonna grab the wrong thing.... Both work cattle fairly well. She can't leave the horses alone when they have their head near the edge of the fence. Seems to think they are escaping so she chases them away from the fence. As long as they are a few feet away, no problems.

doesn't seem like your type of dog

We rescued her and have not had even the slightest regret. Due to medical reasons we can not have children, so Precious is our little darlin'!

Spoiled is an understatement. She always sleeps above my head on my second pillow and so what if I sleep with my feet hanging off the bed, as long as she's comfy! lol

A great watch dog too, I swear her ears could rival a white tails.

I've always wanted a Plott hound, but my mind was made up when I saw her.

The day we met her she acted as if she'd known us all of her life. All she wanted was love and she knew she was home.

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 1

this is my german shepherd, his name is diesel and he is about 6 months old now. Got him when he was just a wee 6 week old puppy. Then the border collie mix is Sadie, ive had her for almost 10 years, she is an amazing companion and is teaching diesel the rights and wrongs. More of a pain in her butt haha. I wouldn't trade either of these dogs for anything in the world ! oh and the black lab great dane mix is Anubis he's about 7 and hes my brothers dog 140lbs of pure love haha

post-687-0-89157800-1373039193_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-53322000-1373039201_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-06339400-1373039212_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-07785200-1373039269_thumb.jpg

Dogs are very smart, they know before we do.

Oh yeah they are....my dog will be sleeping like a log. All the sudden he will wake up, run to the front window of our house and just stare out it. A good, solid minute or more will go by and my wife will come driving down the road. I don't know if he senses that I'm expecting her or if he can distinguish the sound of her van from way off and know she's on her way. And it doesn't matter what time she gets home. My old lab would do the same thing...Weird.